My new game - Meteorians

ValanValan Member, BASIC Posts: 410
edited September 2017 in Announce Your Game!

Meteorians was started years ago and then put on the shelf. Then refined a bit and released.

Two games I loved watching people play well were Missile Command and Defender. I tried to mix both and apply the touch/drag/tilt controls of the modern devices.

This is a computer display of a remote controller. Tilt to move the reticle and touch one of the white guns at the bottom of the screen to shoot the descending cog-like Meteorians. Touch and drag other images on screen that appear.

Love the IAP behaviours. Fantastic, once the process is understood. Would be nice if the AIPcallback and AIPbought(purchased) attributes are created already like the purchase table. Or a scene template setup for IAP.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/meteorians/id1241994119?mt=8

[

Comments

• -Timo--Timo- Member Posts: 2,313
  • ValanValan Member, BASIC Posts: 410

Cheers -Timo
    Link done

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

This very cool valan. Classic vector missile command with defender twist and original valan. It works.

Great icon. Sounds.

To me controls are a bit over complicated.. I would have just tap anywhere and shoot. Let me play some more and get back to you on that. I could be wrong there?

Well done game.

Yeah tap and shoot I would prefer. It doesn't matter where bullet comes from so why do I have to tap different guns and cover my gameplay with my fingers. Lower tight corners feel awkward for firing in my hands.
    How do I collect more bullets?
    When I run out of bullets then what?? If the game is over shouldn't the game end?

I really love this game.

Glad you're enjoying Meteorians, Toque.
    This may help with the controls.

Thanks for the suggestions but I wanted multiple guns and resupply of ammunition to to have an element of organisation and not just shooting. I tried having unlimited bullets from touching the UFO but that negates the need to conserve.

Hopefully Meteorians harkens back to games that had a pretty steep learning curve and undocumented features. e.g there is a way to clear the screen of the circles that block bullets.

Okay. I like the drag to reload!

I am biased as I am going through this with my game. My 4 testers all didn't like my controls. So I am super sensitive about it. Very similar. Three buttons across the bottom of the screen but no tilt.

Too bad the forums are dead and we can't have a discussion. This is probably the only response you will get to your really good game.

It's fun.

• SynaaronSynaaron Member, PRO Posts: 9

This is a very interesting looking game!!! Kudos my friend.

Thanks Toque and Synaaron.

I feel controls are there to be mastered. Experience should add to the skill level.

• Cat GamingCat Gaming Member Posts: 49

Valan the game looks AMAZING! Wow.

Sorry I missed you @Cat Gaming. Thanks, much appreciated.

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Really interesting! Looking great! Keep it up!

• phamtasticphamtastic Member, PRO Posts: 354

I like it... very old school mixed with new.