Pinballz - Available Now! (Free)

Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599

Hello All!

Introducing Pinballz.

Tap each side to move paddles.
Break blocks before they touch the dotted line.
Collect as many balls as you can handle to help.
Upgrade balls (size) by power up or by hitting them into the two sides sections.

Here is a game play video:

Thanks for viewing, I hope it you like it. While have a few games currently in the works, I thought this was a nice take on the Ballz genre.

Best,
Two.E

Download Here!

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Dude - this is crazy awesome. Great concept, super simple but addictive. Another great one from you!

Downloaded and will leave a 5 star review!

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

But nearly an identical copy of Ballz?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599

@Braydon_SFX

Thanks a million.

@tatiang Inspired? Yes. A copy? No. I would encourage you to try both. Completely different mechanism, different strategy.

Best,

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Ah, okay. I'll admit I'm not familiar with Ballz and haven't tried yours out. They look very similar. I'm really impressed with what you made but was curious about the originality aspect.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• goliathgoliath Member Posts: 1,440

Looks outstanding my friend. I love what you do with game salad.... Why didn't you look for a publisher for this one?

@goliath said:
    Looks outstanding my friend. I love what you do with game salad.... Why didn't you look for a publisher for this one?

Thanks! - I did, and lots of interest. I already have other games signed on with mid-publishers I can't actually handle the extra workload for all requirements for all games. Plus lack ad networks is major concern for big publishers who were interested.

Best,

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

Looks awesome , I thought it was a free template and got all excited :p great work as usual , will rate as soon as i play it, good luck with the downloads!

edited October 2017

@Icebox Thanks. But not this time - been over a year and a half since my last release so figured I should do something :)

Just to make things worth your time. If you can score 150 points or more, I will send you my Template bundle for free (first 10 winners only). My score is 202, and unofficially, my highest is 550 so it should be fairly easy to achieve.

Just let me know your Gamecenter user name and a screenshot.

Best,

• -Timo--Timo- Member Posts: 2,313

I love it! not getting close to the 150 points yet though. Best of luck with it

• UncloudedStudioUncloudedStudio NetherlandsMember Posts: 285

This is amazeballz! I’ve managed to score 236! I think my gamecenter username is diederonio screenshot: https://ibb.co/dB9HVm

• neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826

Fantastic work! Very clean and neat game. I played it a few times. My highest score is 45. I'll leave a good review for you. All the best with it ...

Thanks all!

Nice work @UncloudedStudio ! Just sent the bundle your way.

Best,

• Glass FrogGlass Frog Member, PRO Posts: 136

This looks great, I love Ballz and this new twist you have added to the gameplay looks really interesting. Good luck with downloads.

Downloading now :)

My Website: http://bit.ly/2c0ohmM
    My Apps on Google Play: http://bit.ly/2cccMIy
    My Apps on Apple App Store: http://apple.co/2bUSd0i

• CasualEvolutionCasualEvolution Member, PRO Posts: 521

Hi @Two.E I am score 236 too!!!! what coincidence!!!
    https://ibb.co/dB9HVm
    Sorry, I did not resist doing this :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
    Congrats!

@CasualEvolution Well Done! - Thanks for giving it a go. Attached is the Bundle for download.

Best,

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

Looks pretty cool!

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,277

Looks great. Why haven't you put out an Android version?

• ValanValan Member, BASIC Posts: 410

What a great idea.
    Works well.

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

@Two.E said:
    @CasualEvolution Well Done! - Thanks for giving it a go. Attached is the Bundle for download.

Best,

Ah yes. Not only did that project contain zilch, you unlocked the actor on the scene and put the behavior in there...Ruthless!

I like your style.

:D

@Glass Frog Many Thanks!
    @AlchimiaStudios Hope it plays good too.
    @BigDave Thanks - I am so glad someone likes it as I spend a total of 2 minutes choosing them!
    @DigiChain Godo question. Would love too, but there are many issues at this moment. The first one being I don't own a android device to test.
    @Valan Glad to hear!
    @Braydon_SFX Its prob my most downloaded file, and one of my best works to date.

I've Done it! it took me 5 years but I finally made a game that was downloaded over 100 times on my own! Its such a insignificant milestone but considering I haven't been able to crack it, today is very exciting. Silicon Valley here I come!*

Anyway, keep an eye for my second game, Still polishing it up a little bit but should be finished once I get some free time again.

Best,
    Two.E

*The TV show, but only episode 1.

• CasualEvolutionCasualEvolution Member, PRO Posts: 521

@Two.E said:

Best,

THANKS! :smiley:

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

It’s no zelda. Actually it’s great. I like the falling balls while waiting to play. Tutorial is good. Nice icon. Well done as always.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

I played it and it's clean, stylish, dynamic, but alas... not fun.

I think this for a couple specific reasons.

a) The flippers are at too straight an angle and too far apart compared to the size of the ball. This means that quite a lot of the balls are impossible to catch, which reduces the game to pure luck, and no skill whatsoever.

b) The more common bonus is actually an anti-bonus. If you have more balls, it becomes a lot more confusing to play and since the balls bounce off each other as well, it means they very quickly shove each other down into the hole. My strategy whenever I have a bigger ball and get more balls, is always to wait and let the rest of the balls die, so the game is actually even playable. Plus, all the new balls start at size one, so if you've played for a while, and have high number blocks, they are simply useless.

The solution could be to:

-- angle the flippers a bit more
    -- make it so that the balls don't bounce off each other (which is the case in the vast majority of these games where you can get a lot of extra balls to play with)
    -- make the ball size bonus affect all balls and new balls start at the size of the biggest ball you have

@pHghost well, my 100+ downloads say differently :) (/s)

Its strange, it really clicked with a lot of people, big publishers included, and a lot of feedback was given based on the different strategies involved.

And then for some, it was useless.
    Thanks for the suggestions.
    However, everything you mentioned was specifically designed that way for various reasons.

The gap between the paddles is the right size so that the largest ball can no fall through them (unless pushed). Any closer and other balls would not fall through and it becomes too easy.

Making the upgrade balls affect all balls just makes it too easy. Originally I only had it so balls were upgraded by going through the two sides. Then added in the circle power up to help.

There is so many different ways you can play the game, having so many balls helps, in that if you focus on one big ball, and then lose it, you won't lose the game because chances are another ball has been added int the game and you can carry on.

But I understand the points, but I will say this, You can get better with skill, not by luck.

Thanks for playing!
    Best

I don't really think having 100+ downloads proves it is fun, the two are unrelated. The question is are player coming back to play more, and will they, for some time? Maybe this is loading wrong for me, because GameCenter is often wonky, but I see only a total of 7 posted high scores, which to me suggests that the majority of the 100+ played it, didn't find it fun and aren't coming back to play more.

But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. You say there are many different ways to play the game and you can get better with skill, not luck. Can you give an example of this? If a huge number of balls are entirely uncatchable, whatever you do, how is skill involved? Maybe I'm just missing something, but I don't know.

The point I was making with the paddles wasn't only about the gap. Yeah, just bringing them closer would probably make it too easy and boring. It's about the combination of gap and angle. On psysical pinball tables, the paddles are quite far apart, but because of the starting angle, as you flip them, they close in and the gap becomes smaller, but only if you are well synchronised -- i.e. you have built up the skill. I know it's more complex with your game, because the balls change size etc., but I still miss the skill element. The largest ball being too big to fall through on its own sound intriguing, but alas, I don't think the majority of your 100+ players will ever reach that point.

Thanks for the continued explanation. Think you took my words too seriously :)

It was altered to suit publishers request. I am sure lots can change but I like it how it is, and will look for ways to improve with different power ups.

Best.

Absolutely fair enough. Just wanted to clarify what exactly I meant. You know from the feedback I gave when you were preparing your first course that I say it as I feel it is, but if I comment, it actually means I think there's potential! So keep on making great stuff!

Just a last thought on the multi-ball bonus: I think the problem I have is that the bonus doesn't help you in any way, not even to get a better score, since the score gets higher not through hitting/breaking blocks, but only how many times you move the flippers.

Game is for sale if anyone is interested. Includes GS project file. Has yet to be released on android. PM for details if interested. (Exclusive)

Best,
    Two.E