Fixed rotation not working?

-Timo--Timo- Member Posts: 2,313

is it just me or is the fixed rotation option not working?
I have a basic new actor with only a rotate behavior.
when fixed rotation is checked it still rotates. when I uncheck moveable it stops rotating (even with fixed rotation not checked)
Should be the other way around right? rotation is not affected by the fixed rotation option, only the movable option inside physics.

Comments

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485
    edited October 2017

Rotate behaviour uses the physics engine, thats why the actor should be moveable , fixed rotation is to prevent the actor from rotating when it collides with another actor.

• -Timo--Timo- Member Posts: 2,313

@Icebox said:
    Rotate behaviour uses the physics engine, thats why the actor should be moveable , fixed rotation is to allow the actor to rotate when it collides with another actor.

is this new? always used to work fine with moveable unchecked, didn't it? guess not lol. that's what you get for taking a break I suppose

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

If you want to keep the actor non moveable ,you can constrain self.rotation to self.rotation + 2(or any number) to get a counter clock wise rotation or -2 to get a clockwise rotation , but it will probably mess with the physics when it collides with another actor.