NOTICE: DO NOT UPGRADE TO HIGH SIERRA

Comments

• HypnorabbitHypnorabbit SingaporeMember, PRO Posts: 263
    edited October 2017

@pHghost Would certainly be nice for the rest of you!

• velocitygames12velocitygames12 Member Posts: 2

Does anyone know when an update for this will be out?

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@Hypnorabbit said:
    Would certainly be nice for the rest of you!

I'm still on Sierra, luckily. But do want to upgrade sooner rather than later.

• elementappdevelementappdev Member, PRO Posts: 55

I jumped the gun and upgraded to highSierra, my brand new MBP has gone to !@#$%. Corrupted files everywhere and I have to restart at least 2 times a day because it freezes.

I don't believe it - came back to Mac this morning and it had already updated to High Sierra. Must have turned on the auto updates on Mac OS in the App Store or something. Ugh Apple. Now I'm back at square one again. When are we going to have a fix for a paying product? Or we might as well all cancel our subscriptions. I've kept mine going for 7 years :sweat_smile:

• squirrel42squirrel42 Member, PRO Posts: 195

An ETA please...

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

No ETA yet, I'm still figuring stuff out.

I have a build that is still a bit broken, but seems usable with one work-a-round.

Basically something is preventing the actor attributes from showing up when the game is loaded. BUT if you add an attribute and remove it, the attribute browser will show up again. Because this is mostly working inside Apple's GUI code, it's hard to track down what combination of magic sigils are required to get things working correctly again.

The point being, if you're stuck and can deal with that work-a-round, PM me and I can get you a beta build. Though we still will say that the best bet is to either downgrade or install a VM. That, or start trying out the HTML5 tool.

@adent42 Thanks for the response. I am ok at the moment as I have heeded your advice and not upgraded yet, but I am keen to do so. I will wait, I just wanted to get some idea how long this would be.
    I have tried the html5 tool but have not had much luck with it, I can’t get any of my existing games to load (too large?), I assumed it was because it was still in beta?..

• What I do now ?

Wait @kessyrochacv@icloud.com . We're stuck in neutral until a fix is found.

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

@kessyrochacv@icloud.com @Hypnorabbit

Or try out Creator 2.0 (HTML5 online tool). :D

edited October 2017

Wish the online tool had in app purchases etc. enabled @Braydon_SFX ! Otherwise it's a no-go :persevere:

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

@Hypnorabbit said:
    Wish the online tool had in app purchases etc. enabled @Braydon_SFX ! Otherwise it's a no-go :persevere:

It's something that's coming. As @adent42 mentioned in the other threads, the next phase is getting the online tool up to par with the native tools.

• TomCoffeeTomCoffee Member, PRO Posts: 175

I don't like the complain much, but the holidays are a big time for my app and I really need to update them soon. Any new info on an ETA?

• brettlatimer@yahoo.combrettlatimer@yahoo.com Member, PRO Posts: 3

I also need an ETA on this and am not very happy with this situation. I have been waiting patiently for a fix but I have not been able to do any works since my Mac upgraded. I started using Gamesalad as it was free. Now I am playing a premium for this software that I am not able to use. (Being in Australia and the conversion rate it cost us a lot more) Hoping we will be compensated with a few free months for all the hassle and we will be able to use this software again asap.

edited October 2017

Yeah I'm getting a little ticked off now too.

You won't be compensated for a few free months because this is how Gamesalad behaves. The solution doesn't work, they take your money and then will deliver a fix in a month without notice, until the next thing breaks.

Suggesting we use the online tool whilst it doesn't even offer in app purchases etc. is ridiculous. It's a great idea but I much prefer a desktop solution I've used for years and understand - without lag. I still have to sign apps with my mac so I'm still tied to this device - having this in the browser does not improve my user experience. If anything, it diminishes it.

Please provide us the fix asap.

If I were running Gamesalad I'd do this:

1. Dump the online tool - who's idea was that anyway? Desktop solutions always win. It's like having Photoshop in the browser. Goodness me.
    2. Get an investor. You've got a great product so go and find someone to fund you. Keep the subscription model the same. Monetise education (if that's your fancy) and go forth.
    3. Dump the Windows tool - this should be Mac-only to make your dev lives easier. People will just have to come to terms with that.
    4. Hire a load more dev staff with your investment
    5. Hire a load more community managers with your investment
    6. Build a website for free templates and get your own devs to code those templates. Not a marketplace. This is the best starting point and retention enabler for your brand (people love templates to kickstart their new project.)

I could be completely rambling here so I apologise if this is too much.

This really shouldn't be hard - you've got a super product but we're always taking one step forward, two steps back. Community engagement over the past year proves that.

Note: I retain my love for GS after 7 yrs.

• lukejnrlukejnr Member, PRO Posts: 63

Tend to agree with some of the comments by @Hypnorabbit disappointed with progress and development at GS over the past 2 years. Still love the tool and would love to see a scripting element introduced, but doubtful if it migrates to serve lower tier education.

edited November 2017

@adent42 Have the download areas been disabled, I need to download the iOS viewer and I cannot?..

@adent42 I have just submitted an app I have updated to take advantage of the release of iPhone X and I got this message from Apple "The app previews and screenshots for the iPhone 5.8-Inch display won’t appear on the App Store because your binary wasn’t built with the iOS 11 SDK." Is there anything I can do?

• Twisted WireTwisted Wire Member, PRO Posts: 13

How are things coming along?

• GladoniaGladonia Member, PRO Posts: 6
    edited November 2017

I am very worried about the health of gamesalad because I love this software. And so I went to see if GS team is healthy... but going in About us on website is loading this page: " This website is under heavy load (queue full)
    We're sorry, too many people are accessing this website at the same time. We're working on this problem. Please try again later"
    Are you all right? Not make me worry about you

• TomCoffeeTomCoffee Member, PRO Posts: 175

Now that Halloween has passed this is impacting my business income, so I've had to put my GameSalad membership on hold. I had a marketing plan that included a few tweeks to buttons, but I think those will have to wait until this is fixed. I can't justify paying if I can't publish updates. Hope this is resolved soon.

• ryanb4257ryanb4257 Member Posts: 24

Does signing apps work from Mac on High Sierra? I do the making of the game in GameSalad on my Windows computer, but after I've published it to my portfolio I have to finish the signing/upload process/iTunes connect process on a Mac (since I publish my games to the iOS App Store).

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

That part should work. GameSalad launches, but some UI elements aren't visible.

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    edited November 2017

@Gladonia said:
    ... but going in About us on website is loading this page: " This website is under heavy load (queue full)
    We're sorry, too many people are accessing this website at the same time. We're working on this problem. Please try again later"

Your remark made me check the GS About page. It works fine but what I found is more disturbing. :#

CEO Brent Dusing's bio blurb is so poorly proofed and unedited that any professional would be embarrassed by it.

Read it carefully and you will find that entire sentences and paragraphs are repeated. :s

It makes you wonder how seriously he cares about GameSalad?

If he didn't write his bio, then whomever did should be fired for incompetence.

That sort of explains a few things, huh!

Check it out: Home Page footer links > About > Team > Brent.

edited November 2017

Well that's pretty laughable @PhilipCC isn't it? To be honest I don't think he has any interest in Gamesalad at all. He probably bought the company for a dime, has quarterly meetings with the "team" and really doesn't care whether this project succeeds or fails.

His minimal involvement with the community besides a generic introduction post two years ago proves that. This damages potential company growth because management right from the top down is disinterested in investing energy in the business.

This means Gamesalad goes nowhere fast.

And by the way, where is the official response to all this outcry?

Come on - let's make Gamesalad work.

If you wish to see what has happened to Gamesalad as a game development platform since May 2016 then read his Linkedin post about GS..

Can I call him Brent “Fire and Fury” Dusing?

• GladoniaGladonia Member, PRO Posts: 6

Your remark made me check the GS About page. It works fine

it is true, now it works fine but I can guarantee that for more than a day it did not work and I do not think there were so many users on the site

• JapsterJapster Member Posts: 672
    edited November 2017

@Hypnorabbit said:
    Can I call him Brent “Fire and Fury” Dusing?

...or should be Cellfire & Brimstone?

I'm not knocking it, but isn't that Bio more about faith and religion / those type of causes, than running a commercial company? - Personally, I'd have expected a company taken over by someone who is championing religious causes, helping on projects, homeless, unfortunate etc, to be VERY ethical / morally correct if it isn't just about their public image (in an ideal world, at least). Hint... That involves looking after people who pay money for a product (yes, a PRODUCT) that they can ideally build a business around using. Can't use it if it's broken, can't use it if it's not supported...

A little quid pro pro is in order, as currently it seems the balance is WAY out of whack...

Personally, I also came to the same conclusions about the new head honcho a long time ago, that @Hypnorabbit seems to have nailed...