Do GS tables accept alternative scripts?

kobayaashikobayaashi Member, PRO Posts: 143

Hi all.

I was wondering whether anyone could help? I'm trying to find out whether GS tables can accept inputs using characters other than the latin alphabet, or other than arabic numerals? Is it enough that I use a font which utilises a different script in order to input values? Would I, for example, be able to input and output Hindi characters as display text? Would I be able to carry out mathematical operations using such a font?

If anyone could direct me to any relevant info, I'd be most grateful. Thank you.

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

I'm not sure but why not just try it? It would only take a couple minutes to test it.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• kobayaashikobayaashi Member, PRO Posts: 143

Top of my list as soon as I'm back at my machine. :smile:

Well, I tried entering non-latin characters as display text in an actor, and values in a table, but that didn't work. Then I had a look at a few videos (such as this, from T-ShirtBooth : ), and I think my best bet is to use images with 'self' values that match the appropriate corresponding values in a table. This will be fine for what I want to do at the moment, I was just wondering for future reference - thinking of stepping outside the english-speaking world for one of my next apps...

I also came across this on Google :

but when I tried the address I got "This website is under heavy load (queue full)
    We're sorry, too many people are accessing this website at the same time." - guess GS is pretty popular at the mo?

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited November 2017

@kobayaashi said:
    but when I tried the address I got "This website is under heavy load (queue full)
    We're sorry, too many people are accessing this website at the same time." - guess GS is pretty popular at the mo?

I hope so ;) But I think the fact that I can get to https://gamesalad.com/download points to some other problem going on with the website or host.

If you're wondering about custom fonts, it's fairly straight-forward to import a font file into GameSalad and then select it as you normally would within a Display Text behavior.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

Thanks, @tatiang - I'll have a look for info on importing custom fonts. I'm getting quite intrigued by the idea of opening up my projects to markets worldwide in their own languages... :smile:

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

Yes, that should work without any issues. Just make sure the font you import supports those characters and it should work!