Loading wheel suggestions?

ZwireZwire Member, PRO Posts: 179

Hi There,

The standard built in loading wheel GS uses is rarely noticed when people play my game and they always say something like "why doesnt the game work" or "the game is broken" because they dont see the loading wheel.

I know only 1 image can be used for the loading wheel and is it correct that the wheel cant be moved to the middle?

Does anyone have any good ideas to get people to notice that the game is loading?

Cheers,

Robert

Comments

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

You can't move the wheel but you can spawn an actor with an image in it just before changing scene. You can't animate this actor (as it will freeze due to scene change) but you can have an image and say loading... under it for example.

• JapsterJapster Member Posts: 672
    edited November 2017

@gingagaming said:
    You can't move the wheel but you can spawn an actor with an image in it just before changing scene. You can't animate this actor (as it will freeze due to scene change) but you can have an image and say loading... under it for example.

@gingagaming - that's a cool idea!

...I'd imagine you could also make a larger 'Loading...' image, which has a space for the spinning loading wheel to sit inside at the lower-right, and maybe drop it in the bottom right corner if you want to draw more attention to the loading wheel itself:-

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

This screenshot is from rayman adventure google play , no one complains about the spining wheel just add any simple text to let the user know its loading

• ZwireZwire Member, PRO Posts: 179

Thanks Damien and Icebox for the tips.

@Japster nice idea, Im going for that I think.