GS 2.0 wide scene help

ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187
edited November 2017 in Working with GS (Mac)

Start a new project.
change your scene width to 5000
Now place an actor at position X 3000 or 4000 or 4500 or whatever.

I can't figure out how to place an actor on a wide scene??? There is no scroll bar??

I have to zoom out. So Im building my game on a 2 inch square.

But Im not giving up!!!

If anyone knows how to do this please tell me i'm an idiot and let me know ASAP. (Sarcasm) Before Nov 30!

Im entering a game into the Jam even if it kills me. #noSleep #tooMuchCoffee #blindstaringAt2inchScreen

Thanks!!!!

Comments

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485
    edited November 2017

if your using a mac laptop , place two fingers on the pad and swipe right or left but sometimes it will trigger the back button on google chrome so dont go crazy with it

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

Thanks!!! Will try later. But my iMac doesn’t have a touch pad.......will grab my laptop after lunch.

Any way to do with just a mouse?

@Icebox said:

if your using a mac laptop , place two fingers on the pad and scroll right or left but sometimes it will trigger the back button on google chrome so dont go crazy with it

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

im not sure , i always scroll this way even with desktop version , try clicking and holding the scroll wheel on the mouse and dragging left or right not sure if it works with gs , but works on many softwares

edited November 2017

I guess I’m thinking creator and not “browser” mode.

Scroll up and down no problem. Side to side..... Googling "scrolling horizontal with Chrome"

:o shift and scroll wheel. will give you horizontal scrolling. Doh. (Im an idiot)

Thanks Icebox!!!!

• ForumNinjaForumNinja Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 554

@Toque Glad you figured out a way to scroll! A scroll bar should definitely be visible on the bottom as well, though I'm not seeing one either (so I wonder where it has run off to)

@ForumNinja said:
    @Toque Glad you figured out a way to scroll! A scroll bar should definitely be visible on the bottom as well, though I'm not seeing one either (so I wonder where it has run off to)

Thanks for your reply.

After the jam I have a long list of “missing things”. Hopefully it will be useful.

Like today. “Why can’t I type in a negative integer for an attribute??”

Thanks again.
    Toque

• ForumNinjaForumNinja Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 554

@Toque Yeah we noticed that one too and there's already a fix in this next update.