CHALLENGING GAME for STAR WARS fans! (Mac only for now)

Hello Gamesalad Community!

For all Star Wars fans much like myself, I've made a new and challenging game for all Mac users (until GS starts supporting .exe files). It's called "Order 66".
Would you survive? Now is the time to find out. Play as your own Jedi Master during the events of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, at the very moment when Order 66 is first executed. Your army of clones has suddenly turned against you and are attacking in waves. How long can you hold them off? Use your basic Soresu form along with the power of the force to last as long as you possibly can.
Download it for FREE right here:
http://www.cutscinmedia.com/blog

Warning:

This game is an extreme challenge. Order 66 brought down many a great Jedi master due to its psychological threats, overwhelming odds, and total surprise. When you begin playing Order 66, combat will initiate quickly and suddenly and you may be killed in seconds if you don’t focus your energies and defend strategically. Focus your aiming, use your force abilities wisely, and learn to master your personal combat style in order to get a high score. Good luck, and may the force be with you. ;)

Basic idea:

• Face toward incoming blaster fire to deflect it
  • If you are hit in the back you will bleed and lose health
  • Get hit five times in the back and you will join the dead.

Pro tips:

• Move constantly to help evade blasts
  • Try to kill clones quickly by either running through them or deflecting blasts right back at them
  • When using your whirlwind deflection, stand completely still and all incoming blasts will go right back at their shooters

FINAL TIP

• There is no way to technically survive the game itself, BUT there is a way to summon your padawan, who will arrive in a spaceship and help you fight. If you can survive long enough for your padawan to come, consider yourself a survivor of Order 66. Because in real life, she would just pick you up and the two of you would fly off to a remote planet somewhere.
    In essence, if you manage to summon your padawan, CONGRATULATIONS. You survived Order 66. ;)

Good luck, Jedi. Try your best to preserve peace in the galaxy. Again, feel free to post your high scores here or on the website.

Comments

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@Cutscene Entertainment I'm not a Star Wars fan but this looks fantastic. It creates immediate tension and urgency. The fact that you can die so quickly doesn't matter, it just makes it more compelling to try again. Hope it does well.

• Cutscene EntertainmentCutscene Entertainment Member, PRO Posts: 138

@PhilipCC said:
    @Cutscene Entertainment I'm not a Star Wars fan but this looks fantastic. It creates immediate tension and urgency. The fact that you can die so quickly doesn't matter, it just makes it more compelling to try again. Hope it does well.

Thanks for the review, Phillip! I'm really glad that you enjoy it. ;)

• Twayne2Twayne2 Member Posts: 458

Can I ask you a few questions?
    1. Did you get permission from who-ever owns Star Wars? Just curious.
    2. Could you tell me how you did those particle effects? Quite interesting.
    3. How long did it take you to make that game?
    4. How long have you been doing Gamesalad?
    :smile:

@Twayne2 said:
    Can I ask you a few questions?
    1. Did you get permission from who-ever owns Star Wars? Just curious.
    2. Could you tell me how you did those particle effects? Quite interesting.
    3. How long did it take you to make that game?
    4. How long have you been doing Gamesalad?
    :smile:

Hey Twayne,
    Thanks for asking.
    1. Star Wars is owned by Disney and no they did not give me permission to create this game, which is why I have to give it out for free on my site instead of on the app store. If Disney knew about this game, they would market it like crazy, just like they do with everything else. ;)
    2. For the particle effects that create the weather, they actually aren't technically particle effects. Each smoke cloud, speck of dust, and piece of flying ash are their own separate actors with rules that tell them to fly across the screen in a quick, random wavy motion. At the bottom of the screen I have an actor randomly spawning them. The particles that come off of the lightsaber whenever it deflects a bullet, however, are just regular old particle effects.
    3. The base game took me about 4 days to make, including all the lightsaber and clone trooper animations, the main menu, and even the music. However, finalizing and figuring out how to publish the whole thing took about 4 more days because I REALLY was trying to make it somehow Windows compatable but... GS doesn't support that yet. I know there's HTML publishing but it's extremely weak and glitchy and that game's pretty graphics heavy. So ultimately it was around a week of work.
    4. Lastly, I've been proudly using gamesalad for almost 10 years now, and I hope to keep using it in the future. However, PC gaming is becoming extremely important, and if GS doesn't start supporting PC gaming soon, I unfortunately may have to move on to Unity or something else. And I recommend you all do the same if you truly want to become successful game designers.

Thanks for the questions! If you have any more just let me know. ;)

• Twayne2Twayne2 Member Posts: 458
    edited November 2017

Just a week!?! How long did you work on it a day!!!! :open_mouth: :smile:

@Twayne2 said:
    Just a week!?! How long did you work on it a day!!!! :open_mouth: :smile:

I'd say I worked on it for an average of about 6 hours per day. ;) It's honestly not that complex of a game. It was just a matter of creating all the art, music, and animations beforehand and then publishing it afterward. In essence, the pre-production and post-production took the most time.

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

I wonder if this incorporates my custom collision shape animations? If so, great use of it.

@The_Gamesalad_Guru said:
    I wonder if this incorporates my custom collision shape animations? If so, great use of it.

Actually, I didn't know custom collision shape animations were a thing. Gamesalad's processing engine actually isn't powerful enough (In my experience) to have someone procedurally deflect blaster fire that's coming in that quickly, even if someone like you were to formulate a modification with that ability. This game's deflection system is based on a simple square of contact. ;) Congratulations, though, on your creation.

@The_Gamesalad_Guru said:

Actually, I didn't know custom collision shape animations were a thing. Gamesalad's processing engine actually isn't powerful enough (In my experience) to have someone procedurally deflect blaster fire that's coming in that quickly, even if someone like you were to formulate a modification with that ability. This game's deflection system is based on a simple square of contact. ;) Congratulations, though, on your creation.

The Star Wars Game is now available HERE: http://bit.ly/2zS2quf instead of the original link. Enjoy, ;)

• firaxofiraxo Member Posts: 11

I personally am more of a fan of the original trilogy than what I have been of the prequels. Although I did enjoy TPM, and AOTC, they definitely were not as well done as A New Hope or Empire. I think the general criticisms of the first two prequels was lack of good story, and poor acting. First I would like to say that the acting is much better in Revenge of the Sith than the first two prequels, but what truly stood out in this movie was the story. It was delivered perfectly, for the first time since Empire, Lucas connected emotionally with his audience. The last hour of the movie was especially powerful. Although probably not planned, I think this movie will be the bridge that brings the old star wars sheep back into the fold. Just as Anakin eventually brings balance to the force, Revenge of the Sith will bring balance back to the Star Wars Universe. And judging by the reaction of the test audience I was part of, everyone I was with feels the same way, no one left their seat for at least a couple minutes after the movie ended.

@firaxo said:
    I personally am more of a fan of the original trilogy than what I have been of the prequels. Although I did enjoy TPM, and AOTC, they definitely were not as well done as A New Hope or Empire. I think the general criticisms of the first two prequels was lack of good story, and poor acting. First I would like to say that the acting is much better in Revenge of the Sith than the first two prequels, but what truly stood out in this movie was the story. It was delivered perfectly, for the first time since Empire, Lucas connected emotionally with his audience. The last hour of the movie was especially powerful. Although probably not planned, I think this movie will be the bridge that brings the old star wars sheep back into the fold. Just as Anakin eventually brings balance to the force, Revenge of the Sith will bring balance back to the Star Wars Universe. And judging by the reaction of the test audience I was part of, everyone I was with feels the same way, no one left their seat for at least a couple minutes after the movie ended.

I definitely agree with you, Firaxo.
    I feel like Lucas is getting WAY more hate than deserved for the original trilogy, especially ROTS. The emotional weight of the fall of the Old Republic and the shift to an entirely new Star Wars universe was captured perfectly in my opinion. I have to say, however, I personally enjoyed the emotion, tension, and urgency of the ending of Rogue One a bit more. Most people I've talked to don't like Rogue One much, but in my opinion I couldn't see how it could have been done any better- especially in the very final moments where the rebels literally get the plans offworld by the skin of their teeth, and Darth Death being RIGHT on their tail and forcing them to play hot potato with the flashdrive was just icing on the cake. But as for the original trilogy, particularly ROTS, I always have felt more than satisfied, regardless of what others think. I'm glad you agree.

Imagine if someone who was new to Star Wars decided to watch it in order of Epsiode I, II, then watched and enjoyed ALL clone wars episodes including the 2003 ones, only to reach episode III and see Order 66 happen. I couldn't imagine the look on his face. All those heroes and all those stories getting ticked off in seconds. They might not be able to go on.