Challenging STEALTH GAME for people who think they're sneaky, ;) (Mac only)

All stealth gamers on Mac: prepare for a true test. ;)

Play as Prisoner 999, one of many test subjects in the Combat System, and a victim of countless genetic experiments who longs for freedom.
Today is your lucky day.
Another prisoner has broken out of their cell and decided to break you out along with them. Can you escape the facility?

Sneak your way through the Combat System using your skills in stealth, the few weapons you can find, your fellow prisoners, and the superhuman powers that they made the mistake of giving you to fight your way to freedom. The prison guards and even the system director himself will stop at nothing to end your life.

This game is made entirely of geometric shapes, but it is one of the most challenging stealth games on Mac.
Can you prove it wrong?
Download the game right here for FREE and give it a try:
http://bit.ly/2i89Ov7 (Only for MAC users)
Unfortunately, the game can't be for PC until GS starts supporting .exe files.

Here's the promo:

Good luck, prisoner. You can in fact escape, but it will not be easy.

Comments

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

Looks nice. Not sure I'd call it a stealth game, based on the video, there seems to be a lot more action than stealth, but Impressive atmosphere.

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

Looks great. Nice concept. Will try after game jam.

• -Timo--Timo- Member Posts: 2,313

Looks cool! Best of luck with it. Are you going to release for iOS and android?

• Cutscene EntertainmentCutscene Entertainment Member, PRO Posts: 138

@-Timo- said:
    Looks cool! Best of luck with it. Are you going to release for iOS and android?

I've been trying to release this game for iOS and Android for almost half a year now. It's just too big. Believe it or not. Either that or it's got some image files that can't be recognized or something. It's been one problem after another.
    HOWEVER... there is a very bootleg and ghetto version of the game out for iOS and Android right now. Just search up Cell-Block (don't forget the '-') and scroll down until you find something actually called Cell-Block. However, you have been warned that that version is much older and less user-intuitive. It also lacks a lot of the new features and story elements.

@Toque said:
    Looks great. Nice concept. Will try after game jam.

Thanks for your support, Toque. ;)

@pHghost said:
    Looks nice. Not sure I'd call it a stealth game, based on the video, there seems to be a lot more action than stealth, but Impressive atmosphere.

Thanks Ghost. :) But honestly the actual gameplay is more stealth-based when and if you do decide to play. The game starts shifting more toward action as you progress and discover your powers.

Cool. I ain't got nothing against action games anyway. :wink:

Do you think it would still not work well on iOS today? At about 222 MB in size (for the macOS version), I cannot imagine why it wouldn't work on iOS...

• RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 680

Great trailer! Nice music and atmosphere. I really like the simplicity of the design and the dark look.
    Best of luck with it ;)

@pHghost said:
    Cool. I ain't got nothing against action games anyway. :wink:

Do you think it would still not work well on iOS today? At about 222 MB in size (for the macOS version), I cannot imagine why it wouldn't work on iOS...

Mac has an excellent compression system. Because when I try to export it to a .ipa, it goes into the gigabyte range. Besides, if I'm going to release a game that's over 100 MB to the app store, I need to have a solid fan base if I want to get ANY downloads.
    Also, I think the tide of audience is moving moreso toward PC gaming. It seems the age of mobile gaming is sort of dying down. That's why I hope GS starts supporting .exe files, because otherwise I may need to move on to some other software that's keeping up with the populace.

@strag said:
    Great trailer! Nice music and atmosphere. I really like the simplicity of the design and the dark look.
    Best of luck with it ;)

Thanks, Strag. I'll do my best with it. ;)

@Cutscene Entertainment said:
    when I try to export it to a .ipa, it goes into the gigabyte range

That's quite a big difference! What's the size of the original assets? This sounds a bit suspicious.

if I'm going to release a game that's over 100 MB to the app store, I need to have a solid fan base if I want to get ANY downloads.

That's an unfounded assumption. We're far past the time when the top iPhones had 32 or even 64 GB of storage and a lot of people had even less. Now that's the lowest tier. I remember back in the day that the size of an app was a thing to consider, but nowadays it's not true anymore. Especially saying over 100 MB. Yes, some people might pause for a bit if you go over 1 GB (but still will mostly download it if they like the video/screenshots), but being in the under-500 MB range is definitely absolutely normal.

Also, I think the tide of audience is moving more so toward PC gaming. It seems the age of mobile gaming is sort of dying down.

Not sure where you are getting this information, or what you are basing it on. PC (+ console) gaming lives mostly in parallel with mobile gaming. Gaming on the go will always be a thing.

@pHghost said:

when I try to export it to a .ipa, it goes into the gigabyte range

That's quite a big difference! What's the size of the original assets? This sounds a bit suspicious.

if I'm going to release a game that's over 100 MB to the app store, I need to have a solid fan base if I want to get ANY downloads.

That's an unfounded assumption. We're far past the time when the top iPhones had 32 or even 64 GB of storage and a lot of people had even less. Now that's the lowest tier. I remember back in the day that the size of an app was a thing to consider, but nowadays it's not true anymore. Especially saying over 100 MB. Yes, some people might pause for a bit if you go over 1 GB (but still will mostly download it if they like the video/screenshots), but being in the under-500 MB range is definitely absolutely normal.

Also, I think the tide of audience is moving more so toward PC gaming. It seems the age of mobile gaming is sort of dying down.

Not sure where you are getting this information, or what you are basing it on. PC (+ console) gaming lives mostly in parallel with mobile gaming. Gaming on the go will always be a thing.

About the suspicios size-changing...
    ...the assets contain long animation sequences, even though its basic shapes. That's the culprit. Also, I get recurring corruption errors during apple submission. Trust me, I've been working at this for months now. All hope is lost. It's over. I've failed.

About the 100 MB thing...
    Phone space isn't a problem. It's the fact that you need WiFi to download a 100MB game, meaning you'd have to wait until you got home (or work, school, wifi land, etc.) Most would forget by then unless it was love at first sight.

About the mobile vs PC/Console gaming thing...
    I just said "I think". I haven't seen as much mobile gaming in public as I used to. However I have seen an increase in PC/console gaming. Halo is releasing their next game for PC as well as consoles because they claim to see the increase as well. I must keep up with the public, lest I be left behind and forgotten forever.
    And ever.

Besides, I need to learn C# anyway because I'd like to move to 3D and create some awesome, immersive, atmosphesric games about descending into the depths of the woods and hunting ancient witches or something. ;)

It's over. I've failed.

If you are getting corruption errors, and only on iOS, that sounds more like an issue with GameSalad, not you. Have you reached out to the GS team about it?

you'd have to wait until you got home [...] Most would forget by then

I think Apple has changed how this works (at least since iOS 10). Previously if it was more than the limit, it would say: sorry, but download it later. Nowadays, in my experience, it will complete the purchase and then download it automatically in the background once you are on Wi-Fi.

Halo is releasing their next game for PC as well as consoles

Yes, they would do that. But GameSalad or mobile devices won't directly compete against Halo, it's an entirely different market segment. Personally, I'm not afraid at all that the mobile market will disappear or shrink notably.

I'd like to move to 3D

Nuff said. If so, then GameSalad is definitely not the tool you need.

@pHghost said:

It's over. I've failed.

If you are getting corruption errors, and only on iOS, that sounds more like an issue with GameSalad, not you. Have you reached out to the GS team about it?

you'd have to wait until you got home [...] Most would forget by then

I think Apple has changed how this works (at least since iOS 10). Previously if it was more than the limit, it would say: sorry, but download it later. Nowadays, in my experience, it will complete the purchase and then download it automatically in the background once you are on Wi-Fi.

Halo is releasing their next game for PC as well as consoles

Yes, they would do that. But GameSalad or mobile devices won't directly compete against Halo, it's an entirely different market segment. Personally, I'm not afraid at all that the mobile market will disappear or shrink notably.

I'd like to move to 3D

Nuff said. If so, then GameSalad is definitely not the tool you need.

You make good points, ghost. Good points.
    And um... just out of curiosity, how are you doing the selective quote responses like that?

I edit them manually.

You need a right arrow > followed a space and by the who said it.
    Then a right arrow followed by a space and what is quoted.

Just split the quote as you need and copy/paste the two arrows and first line.

You can even use this to make people say silly things!

I wake up every night sweating, with a finger stuck up my nose. But don't tell anyone, because it could be quite embarrassing if people found out.

:trollface:

@pHghost said:
    I learned that trick from Satan. It's really cool and you should try it!

Thanks. I think I will. ;)