Device Checker.... I like this method.

CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828
edited November 2017 in Working with GS (Mac)

I found this video

Its the closest Ive come to understanding how to make actors react to the screen based on the device its played on.

I like the Device Checker method. Because thats the first question that should be asked. What Device am I playing on.

In this video he has created rules that change one axis.

I need this to be able to do both axis.

So if on a ipad I want Actor 1 at this x/y. If on a iphone 6 I want its x/y over there. And if on a legacy I want its x/y over yonder.

All based on the device checker changing The created Device changer to 1 or 2 or 3.

Is there another video or up to date template that does it this way?

Example Score actor is at top left on ipad. But middle of the screen if iphone6 and bottom right if on legacy.

Comments

• CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828

No one?

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    edited November 2017

I use my Universal build to detect device screen size, and adjust automatically for any device including iPhone1 to iPhone X and future iPhone Super X, lol.

This works for any device iPhone, Android, Mac, PC anything that GS can detect device display size and it's very easy to implement. You just have to prepare ahead when designing game.

I also have other videos on my channel for portrait, and other things check them out if you like.

you do skype Benjamin?

If you're asking me no, and it's Bill.

That was a unseen iPhone correction to bbenk

I see, if you have a question feel free to ask.