Device Screen size attribute

ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187
edited September 2016 in Introductions

I want to make an iOS game a universal build. I realize there are different ways to do this.

My question is:

Can we use Device screen size width height attribute to check what device is being used?? Then I will simply use a rule to check what device is used and change some images ideally look for each.

Right now I am working on making separate iPhone and iPad builds.....

Thanks
Toque

Comments

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276
    edited September 2016

Ofcourse you can. With Apple it´s pretty easy to adjust stuff with screen size, because there is so few devices to work with. Even easier is to use the platform attributes to determine witch device is being used.
    Android is more difficult since there is an endless amount of screen sizes and device models.

My favourite method for universal builds so far is this: forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/86157/my-universal-binary-overscan-secret-weapon/p1

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187
    edited September 2016

@MentalDonkeyGames said:
    Ofcourse you can. With Apple it´s pretty easy to adjust stuff with screen size, because there is so few devices to work with. Even easier is to use the platform attributes to determine witch device is being used.
    Android is more difficult since there is an endless amount of screen sizes and device models.

Platform attributes are different than device screen size attributes?

Oh I see it. You have to SCROLL to the bottom of Devices......my bad.

I will search how to use Device model now. Thanks!!!!!!!

• CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828

@Toque said:

@MentalDonkeyGames said:

Platform attributes are different than device screen size attributes?

Oh I see it. You have to SCROLL to the bottom of Devices......my bad.

I will search how to use Device model now. Thanks!!!!!!!

So you can use the Device Model to tell the actors where to go/spawn? Where be this Device Model attribute? And how do we use it?

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764

@Toque said:
    I want to make an iOS game a universal build. I realize there are different ways to do this.

My question is:

Can we use Device screen size width height attribute to check what device is being used?? Then I will simply use a rule to check what device is used and change some images ideally look for each.

Right now I am working on making separate iPhone and iPad builds.....

Thanks
    Toque

it's very easy to do, watch my video.

• CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828

@BBEnk
    Hey doesnt your video explain how to deal with iphoneX?

20:20-20:45

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    edited November 2017

@FINNBOGG said:
    @BBEnk
    Hey doesnt your video explain how to deal with iphoneX?

20:20-20:45

Yes, even before it existed.