GSLearn 2.0 (Beta)

Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599

Hello,

GSLearn is changing,It's exciting and I hope it will be more helpful than the current state of the site.
As of Jan 2018, GSLearn will no longer be a template and demo site, but an information directory.

You can chat with GSLearn at anytime to get answers to your questions. There are a few of us who are continuously adding new questions to the data base daily, so if you don't get an answer, please let us know so we can add it in. You can try different keywords to see if results change.

At the moment, only basic questions will have answers, like what does X behaviour do. Or how to start new project in online creator? How do I add an attribute?

We currently going through the very basics to make the transition to web creator as easy as possible. And then follow it up with more complex questions based on most popular topics asked on the forums etc.

If you have a moment, please check it out (Desktop) and let us know what type of questions you need answers to!

Note: This is in very early stages and will be updated daily and will be offical in Jan 2018. Plus the site will have a new design (hopefully).

Visit GSLearn (beta)

Best,
Two.E

Comments

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599

Thanks all for checking it out. Over the span of the last 3 days, over 400 questions were asked.

Some things to note:

• I can't see what you ask? Due to privacy concerns, I can't see what you want to ask and what questions don't give you an answer.

• The goal is to provide answers to help use GameSalad easier. This means asking about functions, behaviours, attributes etc.

• It is not really a chat to ask why things are different or don't work. While there is a list being built on changes, these are subject to change and it really requires that of GS team to fully answer. Known bugs are being added, but questions like "Why did they change the design of XYZ" are not supported yet.

• It is a Q and A bot, not a conversational one. Which means once an answer is given you can not ask questions to continue on that topic to get more information. You simple need to re word your question etc.

79 new questions were added to the data base yesterday!

Best,
    Two.E

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

Wow. That’s great. Really useful. Would help reduce questions sent to the blue bubble support.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

I asked it "How do I change the text color?" and it replied about changing an actor's color.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

@tatiang thanks. Just means there is no data about text colour yet. Been working on adding more in. It just replied with the most relevant information it had.
    I have about 20 topics on display text being added soon so hopefully that will help.

Any other common questions are also appreciated. Helps grow the data base.

Thanks for giving it a go.

Best

@Toque Thanks you. Your questions and feedback have been very helpful.

@-Timo- Thanks - hopefully it will help once it has a bit more data behind it.

Updated with 60+ new questions to the data base. (I won't keep updating on this anymore :) )
    If you find it doesn't answer a topic you want, let me know. Happy to research it and add it in. Once I get through a lot of the basic and common questions, I can start looking into more complicated questions that are a bit more defined.

Best,
    Two.E

• AdrenalineAdrenaline Member Posts: 523

@Two.E This is awesome!

I don't know the tech behind all of this—but is there a way to allow the user to flag a certain response, allowing you to then see that particular exchange so you can account for that exchange in the future? This wouldn't break the privacy policy since it's an opt-in approach to improving the tech.

• RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 680

Sorry to be a negative ninny but give me a real human being every day of the week!

If previous experience is anything to go by these customer support bots very rarely have the answers I'm looking for and mostly lead to wasted time and frustration!

Sorry, but that's my opinion...LONG LIVE THE HUMANS!!!
    ;/

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

@strag I don't think anyone would argue with you but... when the options are:

(a) talk to an imperfect bot and perhaps learn something immediately
    (b) search the forums for a while hoping to find an answer
    (c) post a question on the forums and wait an hour, a day, or longer for a response

I think some people will appreciate option 'a' especially if they are brand new to GameSalad.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

Yes. I often find answers with these FAQ things. It’s a quick start. Even 25% correct answer return is valuable. Will test it.

Can you add this question? " Where are the attributes?"
    Thanks

• BazookaTimeBazookaTime Member Posts: 1,274

This is really great

@Adrenaline Thanks. Working on adding an input question option below the chat so you can quickly copy and paste any questions that didn't get an answer. This will just give me a list of inputs. Hopefully this will help improve, and since it's instance and anonymous, hopefully there isn't any concern. Thanks for giving it ago.

@strag You are right. At the moment it is still early days, and I am not going to be able to answer complicated questions or specific questions. What I can do though, is re-direct to the information. I am working with chat bubbles - not videos/images/attachments etc.

Through out development I also come across questions that I quickly want to find out, and the forums doesn't always give me an answer. If I had somewhere to go where I can simple say Define the Random Function, or Why Physics won’t work with an Interpolate Behaviour? - Then I will get a response and I am back into development.

That being said, I haven't added in much to do with Publishing, mainly due to all the issues arising at the moment. Once that gets sorted, I have data to add.

@Toque Thanks for giving it a go. Great idea. I am going back to add better keyword search, but if you want a quick description of any behaviour or function. It would be best to use the word Define. eg. Define Attributes or Define Buzz behaviour.

@BazookaTime Thanks! :)

Really appreciated the time every has taken to give it a go. I under stand there is lacking data.

There are just under 100 behaviours and functions. Each one needs 10-50 different questions related to it.

Then you have scenes, types of attributes, game attributes

Then Publishing, networks etc.

Then question regarding how to navigate the new creator.

A lot to get through, so if you have any questions, any answer to common questions, it's all very helpful.
    Still along way to go before Jan though!.

Also worth mentioning again.
    Its a 1 response Bot. You can not have a conversation with it. More like a FAQ page but with lots of questions easily accessed by chat.

Thanks again.
    Two.E

• RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 680

@Two.E Sorry...I do appreciate all your hard work and it will help for more precise questions about attributes etc...