How do I make a clothing store

TimsnnifTimsnnif Member Posts: 1

Hello gamesalad people!!
I’m kinda new to this program and I Made this game. Only now I want to make a clothing store in the game. That changes How my character looks!! HOW DO I DO THIS!?

Kind regards,
ALPACA STUDIOS
(Yes the game is about alpacas)

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited December 2017

If you're new to GameSalad, you may find the answer a bit hard to comprehend until you're more familiar with the tool.

But the general idea is that you would have an actor that the player clicks/taps that changes an integer game attribute (e.g. shirt #1 would change it to 1, shirt #2 would change it to 2, etc.). Then your character actor would change or constrain its shirt actor image to "shirt"..game.shirtChoice. You would need to import images called shirt1.png, shirt2.png, etc.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• Cutscene EntertainmentCutscene Entertainment Member, PRO Posts: 138

@tatiang is absolutely right. It's actually very simple. Just make the choices in the store control a game attribute called 'shirtChoice' or 'clothingChoice' etc. Then use that attribute to control the image of your player.
    This could be hectic for animation, but that's just the way it is. ;)

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

I can make a demo when I get home later.

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187