Store several Numbers in Table and display them as once

Hey Guys,

I used GS few years ago and was ****** that there is no keyboard support on mobiles. I don't know why.. im back :D and still hating it. But I need for an App the Numpad (at least)

So.. short description of the current situation

i have 4 input fields
when pass is touched on one of them the Numpad appears and I can press them ( its a single image, with actors over each single number / icon )

ex i wanna enter 1256.7

I press every single number and the dot

how! can I save them into a table (I guess I have to store each value into a single cell right? how the next value will be added automatically into the next cell .. kind of check cell if empty, if not take next one )

and

display the text on the input field ( I guess that should be the mergecol or row..that shouldn't be the problem at all.. I have more issues with the adding every value :(

if there is any other way then tables.. go for it.. im open for any kind of solution.

thanks a lot

Comments

• LocoyoLocoyo Member Posts: 6

ok.. I found a similar project with a keyboard and tried to edit it for my suppose...
    but... no

i have the "key" actor only on 1..2 and 3 .. and the actor on top should be the display text... it's realized with attributes only..
    for me it looks fine and similar to the code I used as source.. but when I run the project there shows up 2 letters ( its only made for 2 atm ) and then it disappears and nothing happens when I click onto one of the buttons...

may you can help me :)

here's my gs file
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/3qdn0o70dvtel27/V18.gameproj.zip?dl=0

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited December 2017

In the digit/decimal actor with self.value (text) set to the numeral or a period:

When touch is pressed
        Change attribute game.input (text) to game.input..self.value

In the input field actor:

Display Text --> game.input

Note: the two periods (..) concatenate or join two attribute values into a single text value.

The backspace key can be a little tricky to figure out so here's how that works:

When touch is pressed
         Change attribute game.input to textSubStr(game.input,1,textLength(game.input)-1)

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• LocoyoLocoyo Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2017

@tatiang said:
    In the digit/decimal actor with self.value (text) set to the numeral or a period:

When touch is pressed
        Change attribute game.input (text) to game.input..self.value

In the input field actor:

Display Text --> game.input

Note: the two periods (..) concatenate or join two attribute values into a single text value.

The backspace key can be a little tricky to figure out so here's how that works:

When touch is pressed
         Change attribute game.input to textSubStr(game.input,1,textLength(game.input)-1)

actually... I'm really angry that I made so many lines of code.. and it was so easy...

thank you so much.. love ya and merry xmas :smiley:

You're welcome! Believe me, I've been in your shoes many times. "Oh, it's that simple? Argh!"

Merry Christmas!

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User