A Harsh Realisation......

Bowhill GamesBowhill Games Member Posts: 191
edited December 2017 in Working with GS (Mac)

I have been a user of GS for over 3 years and frankly 90% of the issues that were around then are still around now WITH TONS MORE!

I have decided that this will also be my last month wasting money on this truly inferior, broken, poorly managed, train wreck of a product. which is a shame as originally I loved GS and thought it was a great way to get people learning the basics of programming without needing to code, and giving anyone the ability to create games is something I loved.

Now my feelings towards the product have become bitter to the point that I truly hope the company fails, and to be honest I hope it happens sooner rather then later. If only to protect the people who haven't yet invested there time and hard earned money into a broken product.

The only plus of GS over the past 3 years of frustration I have endured has been the community forum, but is seems that even the most dedicated of members are coming to the realisation that GS is dying and frankly its not worth saving.

For those interested I will be moving to Unity, frankly GS should be embarrassed and ashamed that add-ons to Unity like uScript / playmaker (logic engines like GS) are a one of cost to users, have less bugs, more functionality, and have a quicker turn around time for fixes then GS does.

(site currently under construction)

Comments

• JapsterJapster Member Posts: 672

@Bowhill Games said:
    I have been a user of GS for over 3 years and frankly 90% of the issues that were around then are still around now WITH TONS MORE!

I have decided that this will also be my last month wasting money on this truly inferior, broken, poorly managed, train wreck of a product. which is a shame as originally I loved GS and thought it was a great way to get people learning the basics of programming without needing to code, and giving anyone the ability to create games is something I loved.

Now my feelings towards the product have become bitter to the point that I truly hope the company fails, and to be honest I hope it happens sooner rather then later. If only to protect the people who haven't yet invested there time and hard earned money into a broken product.

The only plus of GS over the past 3 years of frustration I have endured has been the community forum, but is seems that even the most dedicated of members are coming to the realisation that GS is dying and frankly its not worth saving.

For those interested I will be moving to Unity, frankly GS should be embarrassed and ashamed that add-ons to Unity like uScript / playmaker (logic engines like GS) are a one of cost to users, have less bugs, more functionality, and have a quicker turn around time for fixes then GS does.

A kindred soul.... ...Sorry to hear this too mate, but I'm not surprised - I honestly wish they'd just grow up and treat their company, user base and product more professionally, then I'd honestly be rooting for them, but I've given up....

• Bowhill GamesBowhill Games Member Posts: 191
    edited December 2017

@Japster Its sad but to be honest GS isn't even good at the kind of tool its tying to be, the fact is only having two employees should speak volumes about how poor it is. I work for a small software company with nowhere near the monthly turnover of GS and me have 9 employees full time.

I even own the gamesalad.co.uk domain which I brought some time ago to set up a divert as I was constantly putting in the wrong address for the site, I'm so tempted to put up a page to serve as a warning for potential users who might also get the address wrong with testimonials of people who are / were members.

Just something to show the true state of GS and the way its members feel as the GS site does a great job of hiding about all of the issues there are.

(site currently under construction)
  • pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@Bowhill Games said:
    add-ons to Unity like uScript / playmaker (logic engines like GS)

Look into Bolt.