What do you use to get your app seen?

natclarkenatclarke Brisbane, AustraliaMember, PRO Posts: 243

I would love some tips and tools that you use to get your app seen. I have free apps with inapp purchase on Apple, Amazon and Google Play. What do you do to market them?

Nat Clarke
Life Cleansing

Comments

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599

I take public transport. Making sure to bring the big 12inch iPad. Load up my game and start to play it with the sound on max.
    I then start saying things like; "Wow, this is so fun!" "Who would have thought a game called >Insert game name< would be this great".

Unfortunately, it costs just under $10 for a ticket, so you need to do this during peak time to get maximum exposure.

Outside fo public transport, I really don't know...

I read recently that you can buy search ads on the new Appstore search system. I haven't looked into it, but it might be a relatively new solution to check out.

http://toucharcade.com/2018/01/04/developer-psa-set-up-search-ads-basic-on-the-app-store-and-get-100-in-ads-for-free/

Best,
    Two.E

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@Two.E said:
    I take public transport. Making sure to bring the big 12inch iPad. Load up my game and start to play it with the sound on max.
    I then start saying things like; "Wow, this is so fun!" "Who would have thought a game called >Insert game name< would be this great".

:)

. . . "these $99 IAPs are such excellent value, and I love the badly drawn squirrel/rat/dog (whatever it is) main character . . "

• natclarkenatclarke Brisbane, AustraliaMember, PRO Posts: 243

Thanks! I will try the IADS. Haven't been on a bus in years!

Since I develop educational apps for kids and am going to do relief teaching, I will get a chance to show whole classes of kids!

Nat Clarke
    Life Cleansing

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599
    edited January 2018

I have worked with several teachers in developing Educational Games, and besides showing it to the kids in the class, simply getting in contact with other teachers from other school districts and seeing if they introduce it to their class.

If it's aimed at younger kids, then parent met ups might be helpful. However, the best results have been found with a solid plan as to how and why it helps for a kid to have the app, rather than a more direct sales pitch.

If a particular app is similar to what is being taught, then you have a valid reason in bringing it up. Plus your the developers, so its hand made to help with learning from experience.

It isn't going to get you thousands of downloads, but it will defiantly help with building a reputation for them to check out your other work. Plus, every year you can repeat the process to new kids.

I know Brisbane has a ton of schools within driving distance; it's just a matter of making those initial connections.

All the best,
    Two.E

• natclarkenatclarke Brisbane, AustraliaMember, PRO Posts: 243
    edited January 2018

Thank you. I have two series of apps. The first is animal adventures. Where is the dolphin....reindeer..bunny and trick or treat. It has a story and games to support it and also tips on my website. Different organisations assist me and I market what they do too on my site and also give thanks to them in my apps.
    I offer the story for free and also how to teach resources on TES and Teachers pay teachers. The story in the app is free and the rest has one try and it is locked down.

The next one is a mood toolbox to help children with Autism. I am just collecting ideas of how to market it other than:

Apple Ads: i will give this a go
    Youtube Channel
    Website with cross markeing across all apps
    Tes & Teacher Pay teacher: Free children's stories to market the toolbox
    Giveaways on my site such as colouring in, posters etc
    Facebook, twitter and instragram Video Spark Ads
    Email to schools.
    Free Reviews
    MacPR

I have been thinking of certification with the Educational App store but it is a bit pricey. Not sure it is worth it?

Also, I am looking at a way to get my keywords without the price tag.

Cheers

Nat

Nat Clarke
    Life Cleansing