Can't download GameSalad

Kevdwg08Kevdwg08 Member Posts: 7

Not sure where to post this so I'll ask here.

I recently registered and confirmed my email with the verification links and such sent to me (Total of 2 emails) The 2nd email was a "Thanks for confirming your email" Email.

Everytime I click on Download on the top right it redirects me to the CREATE AN ACCOUNT AND DOWNLOAD page.

I've tried on 3 different browsers and still have the same issue... Any suggestions on how I can fix this and try to use GameSalad?

Comments

• RowdyPantsRowdyPants Member Posts: 465

@Kevdwg08 Try downloading from this page https://gamesalad.com/download/

• Kevdwg08Kevdwg08 Member Posts: 7
    • Congratulations! You're about to start making games with GameSalad Creator — the easiest way to learn game making. We're excited to see what you come up with.

But first, you'll need to create an account:

(or log in if you already have an account)

i click Log In and it takes me to that same download page to register. And if I try, it keeps saying "Your verification email will arrive soon" But i've already verified etc.. No luck.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

Yeah, I noticed the same bug. There's some weird loop going on there, it won't let you go to the download page.

Are you on Mac or PC?

I'm on PC. currently windows 8. But I also tried on my Android phone and on Windows 7 and 10. Also tried on my custom build Linux machine.

Thanks Ghost. That worked

Am I wasting my time with GameSalad? I read A LOT of negative posts lately about people moving on to newer software/development tools.

edited January 2018

This is not the best time in GameSalad history, I'll be honest.

If you have no coding skills, I'd say download it, play with it during your 14 day trial and see.

The publishing woes afoot right now will surely be fixed. Some other bugs will also be taken care of. But some of the issues have been around for quite a time and are unlikely to be addressed soon, if ever.

At the end of the day, though, GameSalad is a great tool to dip your feet in the starter's pool. Figure out the flow of how game logic works, without needing to code anything.

After some time of using GS and wrapping your head around the concepts of branching logic trees, you will actually find that programming languages or slightly more complex game making tool don't suddenly seem so challenging.

I've been using GS for a long time and am happy I did. It gave me a lot.

So, as long as you know what the drawbacks are and count on them being around, I don't it's a waste of time.

But if you are ready to jump straight into the deeper pool, other tools will probably serve you better in the long run.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@pHghost said:
    Yeah, I noticed the same bug. There's some weird loop going on there, it won't let you go to the download page.

Are you on Mac or PC?

Hurracaine Harvey.

@pHghost said:
    This is not the best time in GameSalad history, I'll be honest.

If you have no coding skills, I'd say download it, play with it during your 14 day trial and see.

The publishing woes afoot right now will surely be fixed. Some other bugs will also be taken care of. But some of the issues have been around for quite a time and are unlikely to be addressed soon, if ever.

At the end of the day, though, GameSalad is a great tool to dip your feet in the starter's pool. Figure out the flow of how game logic works, without needing to code anything.

After some time of using GS and wrapping your head around the concepts of branching logic trees, you will actually find that programming languages or slightly more complex game making tool don't suddenly seem so challenging.

I've been using GS for a long time and am happy I did. It gave me a lot.

So, as long as you know what the drawbacks are and count on them being around, I don't it's a waste of time.

But if you are ready to jump straight into the deeper pool, other tools will probably serve you better in the long run.

Not to cause advertising or anything. But are there any you would recommend atop of GS? Not saying this is bad or a failing app development tool or anything. Just want to take a look at a couple recommendations while i'm here. And obviously the people that are still here are more... Knowledgeable to what is good and what is bad.

• RowdyPantsRowdyPants Member Posts: 465

@Kevdwg08 Buildbox is an option. It's more expensive and less flexible but seems to be updated more frequently.