Saved attributes remain even after ending preview!

This is something new.

When doing something on preview mode, the saved attributes remain for following previews.

Is there any way to disable this?

Comments

• DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,277

Yes, i'd noticed this too with the latest version of Gamesalad - it makes it very difficult to test projects!

I've just gone back to GS v1.25.80 where this doesn't happen.

• 3absh3absh Member Posts: 601

That's right,
    Now I must close the program and re-open it again in order for the saved attributes to reset.

I wish Gamesalad gave us the option at least if we want the saved attributes to remain or not, ugh

• DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,277

@abuabed84 - I'm sure this must be a bug as it makes testing games far more time consuming.

@ForumNinja are you guys aware of this??

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

I mentioned this in the release thread. Didn't get any acknowledgement, sadly. This is an issue that has appeared and been fixed in the past, so hopefully it's something easy to rectify.

• smurftedsmurfted Member, PRO Posts: 570

I think it's good. Not for every project but i think it should be an option.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@smurfted said:
    i think it should be an option.

Agreed. For some projects and on specific 'test runs' this would be great, but unless it can be disabled, it's a bug.

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069
    edited January 2018

@Armelline said:
    I mentioned this in the release thread. Didn't get any acknowledgement, sadly. This is an issue that has appeared and been fixed in the past, so hopefully it's something easy to rectify.

I think there was some acknowledgement.

@ForumNinja said:
    @Armelline @Hopscotch I did some investigating and it looks like what's happening is the values in saved tables aren't being wiped like they used to. I made a simple project to reproduce it and passed it over to the devs.

I noticed that they were correctly wiped after closing and opening the project again (though that could get annoying very quickly). Are you guys also seeing these issues without saving tables?

Edit: Looks like this effect all saving and loading of attributes, not just saving tables.

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/95945/mac-creator-release-1-25-84-is-available-high-sierra-fix#latest

edit: looks like that was after your post in this thread. My bad. But they are aware of it at least.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• 3absh3absh Member Posts: 601

I've just gone back to GS v1.25.80 where this doesn't happen.

I just tried 1.25.80

The scene doesn't open at all on High Seirra..

This is getting really frustrating