Particles image "No Value"

everytime I enter the character that has the particles behavior the image becomes "No Value"

This bug has been "bugging" me for years now, and I guess GS team have no intention in fixing it.

Previously it would happen occasionally

now it happens every single time i enter the actor to adjust its behaviors.

Comments

• rainwaterstudiosrainwaterstudios Member Posts: 198

This happens for me as well. Very frustrating.

• rainwaterstudiosrainwaterstudios Member Posts: 198

@abuabed84 said:
    everytime I enter the character that has the particles behavior the image becomes "No Value"

This bug has been "bugging" me for years now, and I guess GS team have no intention in fixing it.

Previously it would happen occasionally

now it happens every single time i enter the actor to adjust its behaviors.

Here's a (semi) workaround:
    when you're ready to publish, open the actor that spawns the particles and select the image you'd like. As long as you don't open that actor again before publishing, the published game will have the correct particle image.

• 3absh3absh Member Posts: 601

Here's a (semi) workaround:
    when you're ready to publish, open the actor that spawns the particles and select the image you'd like. As long as you don't open that actor again before publishing, the published game will have the correct particle image.

Thanks, yeah I'll just avoid opening the actor. unless necessary.
    It's quite sad GS has these bugs in an otherwise impeccable user interface.

It's like the Mona Lisa painting with a hand drawn mustache, bugs ruined what would otherwise be a perfect software.

• roy.burr@btinternet.comroy.burr@btinternet.com Member, PRO Posts: 26

I'd never come across this issue before. My last game used particle effects and was ok. My latest project loses the image every time. I even put the image in and saved the project without opening the actor. Reloaded project and the image was gone,