Latest GameSalad version is broken..

I got this when I did preview

Then when I checked many of the display text and attributes have disappeared upon opening the actor..

What the hell is going on??

Comments

• 3absh3absh Member Posts: 601

Even if I did correct these attributes, they disappear once more when I enter the actor again..

Am I the only one having this problem?

• DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,277

I have had this issue on occasion in the past - but not recently. Was hoping to never see this bug again!

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

It's happened to me a couple of times with some of the latest versions. Not as much as in the past, but still... this is the most dreaded bug, basically wiping out hours of work.

Hopefully you had a backup, but still, this is a really horrid experience to go through.

P.S. Was the actor to which this happened unlocked?

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

I'm glad I never upgraded the software! I Learnt from the past the hard way. Im personally still running Sierra and 1.25.80 with zero issues (other than normal GS long standing stuff!) One of my fav buttons is "Skip this Version" Its a shame it comes to this.

Have you backed up your project and tried opening it with the last version (1.25.80)? @abuabed84

Hopefully you had a backup, but still, this is a really horrid experience to go through.

P.S. Was the actor to which this happened unlocked?

I have a backup. The actor was unlocked yes.

Have you backed up your project and tried opening it with the last version (1.25.80)?

This bug is with 1.25.84

I tried 1.25.85 and that's an even worse experience (crashes every time I open the actor in OP)

I have not tried 1.25.80, I assumed it has issues with High Seirra?

Do you have a download link for it?

@abuabed84 said:
    The actor was unlocked yes.

That's what I thought. This issue is way more common (almost a given) on unlocked actors. Because of this, I don't ever unlock actors, the only exception being to access scene camera attributes.

@abuabed84 said:
    Do you have a download link for it?

I see GS has closed (or hidden) previous versions to download with there new update for the website for education? Ive zipped a copy here and uploaded to Dropbox but I will close this link so anyone stumbling on this in the future, this link maybe dead...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hr6jiplpa85z7sr/1.25.80.zip?dl=0

This is the official link:

http://releases.gamesalad.com/creator/1.25.80/GameSalad-Creator-1.25.80.dmg

If you know the version number you want, you can easily download any of them just by changing the link to that number -- even super-old versions.

• smurftedsmurfted Member, PRO Posts: 570

Its good that they are still available...

You can download them all and make an archive. A GameSalad museum.

• smurftedsmurfted Member, PRO Posts: 570

To remember all the good times...

@pHghost said:
    This is the official link:

http://releases.gamesalad.com/creator/1.25.80/GameSalad-Creator-1.25.80.dmg

If you know the version number you want, you can easily download any of them just by changing the link to that number -- even super-old versions.

It doesn't work on High Seirra

If I had known of all these issues I wouldn't have update my Mac..

• Chris FitsimonsChris Fitsimons Member Posts: 134

Hi. Can anyone provide a valid link to GameSalad-Creator-1.25.80.dmg as all links seem to be broken. I am more than happy to host all the releases if they become available.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

@3absh

Can you PM me a copy of this project so we can try to repo and fix?

Thanks!

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

oops