How to make actor rotate only 1 time

I have an actor that pursues the hero based on a magnitude attribute (when hero gets within x amount pixels, enemy moves to attack). some of these enemies have to rotate 1 time to position themselves properly which works fine. Problem is that they rotate every time the proximity rule becomes true which causes the enemy to then rotate every time the rule applies (sometimes rotating it upside down). I'm trying to find a way to make the enemy rotate only 1x in spite of the magnitude rule. I know an integer attribute is probably needed but not sure how to set it up given the magnitude rule that is in place.

Comments

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485
    edited January 2018

You can probably use a nested rule
    wrap your rotate behaviour inside the rule with another rule

if self.rotation is not equal to 180
    rotate to angle 180

test and tell me if it works

• sinbotsinbot Member Posts: 232

i tried nesting the rule a few diff ways (just in case i wasn't doing it right). altho it didn't work the key was the rule you suggested which got me thinking about the solution differently. so tweaked it a bit and this worked!

@Icebox said:
    You can probably use a nested rule
    wrap your rotate behaviour inside the rule with another rule

if self.rotation is not equal to 180
    rotate to angle 180

test and tell me if it works

• ValanValan Member, BASIC Posts: 410
    edited January 2018

You need a counter(#ofTimes) that counts the number of times the Distance <400. Make the count control determine if the rotation behaviour happens or not.

(Initially #ofTimes = 0)

When Distance < 400

ofTimes = #ofTimes + 1

When Distance < 400 and #ofTimes = 1
    (Do Rotation behaviour.)

• sinbotsinbot Member Posts: 232

That's initially what I was wanting to do. Is the (#ofTimes) a game integer attribute? Could you post a screenshot of what it would look like?> @Valan said:

You need a counter(#ofTimes) that counts the number of times the Distance <400. Make the count control determine if the rotation behaviour happens or not.

(Initially #ofTimes = 0)

When Distance < 400

ofTimes = #ofTimes + 1

When Distance < 400 and #ofTimes = 1
    (Do Rotation behaviour.)

• ValanValan Member, BASIC Posts: 410

Something like this.