Goodbye from me

I haven't been around much on the forum, but I've been working on games fairly solidly for the past few years and I always followed what other users were up to. I think it's time for me to stop, as I really haven't managed to share or publish any of the games I have made, I can't justify the cost, and the users discussing exciting projects on the forum seem to be moving on.

My aim was to share my games for free online, and at first this was possible by publishing them to the arcade and imbedding that on a webpage, but that process hasn't reliably worked for me for ages, and publishing to html has lots of problems too.

It has been good chatting to forum members, and thanks for your support. I'm going to move to a free platform which lots of you seem to be going to, maybe see you there.

Here are some bits and pieces I started but never finished, cheerio,

Fergus

Comments

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

You have always had an unique style. Nice to see different things being made. Best of luck.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

No!!!

I’m so sorry to see you go. I have been looking forward to seeing your projects come to fruition. Hopefully the projects aren’t dead, but will live on any new platform you embrace... :cry:

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

Yup, as others have said, it's sad to see you go, I also hope to see your projects come to fruition somewhere else, your work is so unique it really deserves to be released into the wild !

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Love your style - sorry to see you go but I wish you the best of luck! Please stop by once in a while and say hi!

• Bowhill GamesBowhill Games Member Posts: 191

@frd i love your style, not sure iv seen anything like it before. It seems your not the only one leaving for these reasons i hope you carry on the another engine theses gamrs need to see the light of day. Good luck with the tool you choose!

(site currently under construction)
  • frdfrd Member Posts: 191

Thanks for the continued support, it means a lot.

@pHghost @Socks all the best,

F

• PimanPiman Member, PRO Posts: 165

Your games look cool. Don't give up.

• smurftedsmurfted Member, PRO Posts: 570

If i may ask, why didn't you finish any of them?

• frdfrd Member Posts: 191

Thanks @Piman, I appreciate your support.

@smurfted Good question ... I didn't finish them because I was still working on them when I decide to leave. I'd like to make quick, short games which people can play free online, and the arcade doesn't work. I considered publishing them free for mac instead, but couldn't get my head around the process, updates or the additional costs. Without sharing the games it was starting to feel completely pointless making them. I really enjoy using Gamesalad, and I kept going because of that. I'm moving to another platform so that I can keep making games, but also share them in the way that feels right for me.

Here's the last game I was working on -

After having looked around i was very surprised that there a lot of engines out there that allow you to learn & or produce for free...

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@smurfted said:
    After having looked around i was very surprised that there a lot of engines out there that allow you to learn & or produce for free...

Why didn't you tell us that sooner?

I was so in shock, i fell off my chair at a terrible angle & got stuck behind my radiator for several days. It was only at the good graces of a passing window cleaner i even made it out alive.

But thanks for caring @PhilipCC

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@smurfted

When you told us I fell off the "Throne" where I usually read these posts! :flushed:

BTW, what was the window cleaner passing?