Bluetooth audio

Greatings.

All of my games over the years have a problem with bluetooth audio. When connecting device audio to a bluetooth device (headphones, car audio what have you) the music plays fine but the sounds either don't play at all or stutter like crazy. This is not something that has been a deal breaker but I've just completed a new game a noticed this is still a problem. A quick look on the forums didn't reveal any answer (or even qustions) so I wanted to know, is this not a problem for anyone else, or perhaps only on Android (don't have my IOS devices on hand right now so can't confirm).

Comments

• RowdyPantsRowdyPants Member Posts: 465
    edited January 2018

@vafurlogi Not sure which Bluetooth devices you're connecting to but sometimes stuttering or general connectivity issues (even wired USB connections) can arise from firmware mismatches.

If it's a car receiver, for example, check to see if the manufacturer of the car radio releases firmware updates that you can either apply directly or, in the case that it's an aftermarket radio, that you can download onto your computer, put on a thumb drive/flash drive, and then put into the car radio to apply.

Generally, electronics companies making products that use constantly changing standards (like Bluetooth) will support their own products, at least for a while, by providing a way for people to download and update the firmware to help keep sound streaming and phone calls smooth over the Bluetooth connection.

• vafurlogivafurlogi Member, PRO Posts: 203
    edited January 2018

@RowdyPants Thanks for the reply. I'm trying this with my Bose quietcomfort 35 and all the bluetooth speakers I can find and have for the 6 years I've benn using GameSalad. I've tried using my Samsung galaxy S7 and S8 and keep getting the same results, the music in the game (m4a files) play flawlessly but the sounds (.ogg files) stutter like crazy. The fact that the music in the games works fine made me think it could be a GameSalad problem but if it works fine for everyone else I might have to keep scratching my head on this one. Everything else works fine with the same devices, other games and music. Thanks again.

• RowdyPantsRowdyPants Member Posts: 465

@vafurlogi Yeah, that's a strange one! On the Android side of things, there are posts about battery saving interfering with Bluetooth performance. To fix, go into Settings and Disable Battery Saving for that particular app.

I'm with you that smooth and stuttering together feels tied to the way GameSalad is outputting each.