expressions with Scene Specific attributes not working (and disappearing)?

I've created an actor to write the scene's camera X and Y to global attributes (so I can refer to them in other actor prototypes).

I can open and unlock the Actor (on a scrollable layer in the scene) and write:

Constrain Attribute game.CameraX to scene.Camera.Origin X 
Constrain Attribute game.CameraY to scene.Camera.Origin Y 

The global attributes do not update, and if I run a preview and go back to the actor (in the scene) then the expression seems to be there but actually disappears when I click on the expression editor. Also I cannot re-enter the scene specific expression without closing and re-starting GameSalad.

Am I missing something? or is something buggy going on?

Comments

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

This is a buggy bug. :( Quite a bad one. The disappearing act has been a long staple of GameSalad, but the one where you cannot re-enter the data is new — and super annoying.

So many problems all the time! :pensive:

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

I've not experienced this bug with 1.25.80. Presumably it's another High Sierra one?

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

@Armelline said:
    I've not experienced this bug with 1.25.80. Presumably it's another High Sierra one?

Yep. Seems to be 1.25.84 specific.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

Yes, funnily enough, this bug was somehow absent in a couple of the Sierra builds, but is back with a vengeance now.

• awesome_wellsawesome_wells Member, PRO Posts: 38

Thanks guys, though I was going mad.

Problem seen on 1.25.85 running (not High) Sierra. I didn't see the problem previously on 1.25.80.

I only ended up upgrading recently because I had to do a complete re-install of GameSalad to fix a strange bug where 'switched off' behaviours were executing even after being deleted from the actor (in ALL projects old and new).

I managed to work round this most recent (deleted expressions) problem by doing the following:

Re-start GameSalad and open Project
    Go to actor in scene and enter expression in to editor
    Save project (Do not preview first!)
    Re-start GameSalad again
    Now load Project and preview, behaviours work properly.

Now, as long as I don't need to edit the scene actor behaviours again, everything works fine.