Scrolling/shifting code in behavior Window

sean.tagitsean.tagit Member, BASIC Posts: 1

I am finding shift rules/actions around in the window to be very erratic and hard to control with the mouse (Windows Version). Anybody got some tips? I went to try and add some rules to a new group and found the experience very frustrating.

Thanks.

Comments

• RowdyPantsRowdyPants Member Posts: 465

I feel ya. The macOS version is jumpy too. You can triangle close up rules to make the shifting/jumping a little bit smaller. The only other thing is to select your behavior and then use the Create Group button and that will automatically place your behavior inside as the group gets created around it. Can't think of any other dragging tricks.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@RowdyPants said:
    select your behaviors and then use the Create Group button and that will automatically place your behaviors inside

As an added bonus, one of the selected behaviors might get randomly deleted! It’s like a treasure hunt!

It doesn’t happen too often, but in any case, before doing a lot of grouping, I do recommend backing up you project — it will save you a lot of frustration.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

It would be fun to have software in 2018 that can copy and paste rules as well as undo mistakes.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• Twayne2Twayne2 Member Posts: 458

@tatiang said:
    It would be fun to have software in 2018 that can copy and paste rules as well as undo mistakes.

What do you mean?
    I clicked the rule and pressed control v:
    https://ibb.co/i5Xab6
    The undo button:
    https://ibb.co/kAQYUR

edited January 2018

I also know you can paste rules between actors. :smile:
    P.S. Alt-click.
    P.P.S. :smile:

What is the main question of this thread? I use Windows maybe I can help. :smiley:

If you pull up the backstage all the way up the rules can be placed easily. Does that help your problem? :smile: