Use 'Change Scene' rule, all rules are not working when back to the 'Game' scene

I set up a 'change scene' button in 'Game Over' scene, which supposes to lead player back to 'game' without resetting top score.
However, it only works once. For the second time when you change scene, all rules stop working in the game.
But if I use 'reset game' rule, everything works fine, but then I'll lose the 'Top Score'.
Does anyone know how to solve the problem?
Thanks!

Comments

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

You probably need to reset your attributes. When you want to start a new game go through all your attributes and change them to the original values. But not the high score.

• honeymimi56honeymimi56 Member, PRO Posts: 24

I don't want to start a new game, just want to use 'change scene' rule and direct user back to the same 'game' scene. But when I do that, the important rules are not working.

edited February 2018

Hard to say. Well when you replay a scene the only thing I can think of is your game attributes have changed. So you would have to reset those.

Self attributes would automatically reset. When a scene starts.

Tables??

Lets say Im playing on level 3 scene. I die and it goes to a game over scene. I hit replay to go back to scene 3 and replay that scene. I would not expect that to work......! To get things to work properly I would have to have everything reset as they were when they played the level 3 scene the first time. So whats changed?? Thats usually game attributes that have changed. The self attributes reset to original when they are spawned.......

• honeymimi56honeymimi56 Member, PRO Posts: 24

Hi Toque,
    Thanks for explaining it. It sounds like the problem I'm having, but how can I fix it?
    It's a single level/scene game, so when the player dies, I want to use 'change scene' rule to direct the player back to the game. As you said the game attributes would change after change scene, how can I reset the attributes? Do I have to do it every time? Is there any way to avoid changing attribures?
    Thanks!