Help - Game Load Time of 6 seconds. IOS 11.2.2

If I create a new project in game salad, drop a single actor into the scene, then publish the game using a iOS Universal Build, the load time is 6 seconds on both my iPhone 6S Plus and my 5th Generation iPad (Both are running 11.2.2). Thought I was going crazy because the game I'm currently working on is pretty slim and it was taking the same amount of time to load. Anybody have any thoughts on this? Is a 6 second load time normal for an empty scene with a single actor? Is this the engine loading up in the background?

Tried using both GameSalad-Creator-1.25.84 and GameSalad-Creator-1.25.88 but the results were the same.

I'm running High Sierra 10.13.2.

Thanks

Davey Jones

Comments

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,331

6 seconds seems a bit more than I'd expect, but it does indeed take a few seconds to load up the engine.

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

I timed some of my games..... Some by ketchapp and random featured iOS games on a 6s.

Most were around 6 seconds....... Only one was 4 seconds.....

• daveyj0nesdaveyj0nes Member, PRO Posts: 9

Thanks for the replies. I also tested a few iPhone apps and found average load times in the 4-6 second range. Was just a little spooked about that being the baseline for a nearly empty scene. Thankfully it seems that even with a fairly content heavy game the load times don’t increase all that much.

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

empty scene. Thankfully it seems that even with a fairly content heavy game the load times don’t increase all that much.

I think others have done these tests and found the same thing. I wonder if an iPhone X would be a little faster or they are all about same. But really not important. I think some users were having quite long load times for some games. I think that is still a issue. I dont want to declare all is well on the loading time front.

• daveyj0nesdaveyj0nes Member, PRO Posts: 9

I sync'd a race between my 5th generation iPad and my iPhone6s Plus and found the load times to be nearly identical. Going to test it on an iPhoneX next week. I'll report back my findings.