Application Loader

Please Please Please can someone help me.....
Every time I try to upload my app (zipped version) for testing purposes the Application Loader comes back with an error...

ERROR ITMS-90161: "Invalid Provisioning Profile. The provisioning profile included in the bundle com.1in720.game [1in720 DEV.app] is invalid. [Missing code-signing certificate]. A Distribution Provisioning profile should be used when submitting apps to the App Store. For more information, visit the iOS Developer Portal."

I have checked all my parameters and my bundle ID's match on iTunes Connect as well as GameSalad. I have tried deleting all certificates and reissuing many, many times with no joy. I have installed the iOS Development Certificate and the Provisioning Profile on my Mac but no matter what I do I keep on getting this error.....it is driving me insane......any ideas??

Comments

• mscherermscherer Member, PRO Posts: 30

I am selecting iOS App Development for my Provisioning Profile as I int to test it via Test Flight before issuing to the app store.

• RowdyPantsRowdyPants Member Posts: 465

@mscherer Are you caught up on your yearly $99 payment to Apple?

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764

Did you make a Payload folder, put the file you downloaded into that? Then zip it up, and rename it to Payload.ipa?

Yes I just paid my annual fee a few days ago

Where do I make a payload folder?

@mscherer said:
    Where do I make a payload folder?

On your desktop make a new folder rename it to Payload capital "P", drag the file you downloaded from GS into it, compress it, rename it to Payload.ipa, and upload that to Apple.

Thanks BBEnk I’ll give that a go. I assume I keep all the certificates as they are and this will allow me to test my app on TestFlight before posting to App Store?

@mscherer said:
    Thanks BBEnk I’ll give that a go. I assume I keep all the certificates as they are and this will allow me to test my app on TestFlight before posting to App Store?

You don't have to use test flight for testing unless you have others who are helping you test your app, you can sideload it on your device using Xcode.

Thanks again BBEnk....I’ll definitely give this a go. As a matter of interest do you know what the original problem may have been?

• awesome_wellsawesome_wells Member, PRO Posts: 38

Hi @mscherer, you need to use a Distribution certificate/profile for Test Flight. As once the testing has completed in Testflight, the app can go straight to App Store submission.