Mac Creator Release 1.25.88 is available (More Stable High Sierra Build)

ForumNinjaForumNinja Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 554

Some changes include:

• Fixed issues with missing device attributes browser
  • Fixed issues with using scene attributes
  • Fixed issues with selected images being forgotten in the particles & change image behaviors
  • Fixed sync issues when adding attributes to prototypes in different interfaces
  • Fixed saved values being remembered between previews

You can download the update directly from here: http://releases.gamesalad.com/creator/1.25.88/GameSalad-Creator-1.25.88.dmg

Comments

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

Great stuff, look forward to trying it!

• supafly129supafly129 Member Posts: 454

Nice! Seems to be working great so far, but my publishing keeps saying "request timed out". Are they related in any way?

• Twisted WireTwisted Wire Member, PRO Posts: 13

Looks good! One thing, though, it would seem that display text isn't working, at least for me.

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

Thanks for the update!

@Twisted Wire said:
    Looks good! One thing, though, it would seem that display text isn't working, at least for me.

Hmm, that's odd, it seems to be working just fine for me. Wonder if anyone else is having any issues

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• Twisted WireTwisted Wire Member, PRO Posts: 13

@AlchimiaStudios said:
    Hmm, that's odd, it seems to be working just fine for me. Wonder if anyone else is having any issues

I restarted Gamesalad and everything worked just fine after that. So we're all good!

• MelodyCatsMelodyCats Member, PRO Posts: 128

So far so good for me also. Thanks for the update.

edited February 2018

Just wanted to say this build has been super stable. No crashes, a little faster loading views. Thanks!

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@AlchimiaStudios Are you using High Sierra 10.13.3 yet?

@PhilipCC said:

Nope, haven't tested on the very latest OS. Is it still problematic on that?

@AlchimiaStudios said:

@PhilipCC said:

Nope, haven't tested on the very latest OS. Is it still problematic on that?

I'm not game to find out. I'll wait until a few veterans confirm that it's fine before I upgrade! ;)

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599

This build crashes a lot on High Sierra. Normally when opening another project or when editing an actor on scene.

Little things are broken that never use to be that aren't deal breakers but make things difficult.

Placing actors on a scene is a pain as they don't actual get placed where you think they will.

Editing actor's property attributes, and then moving the inspector up or down will make the ding appear over other attributes so it just looks confusing.

When editing an actor on scene, normally I can head to the protyope actor, expand the X and Y position attributes, and then when I am editing actors on scene, I can see those values. Now, it doesn't carry over, so to see even the basic positions of an actor, I need to open t up, and then expand those attributes.

Timers and Groups are twice there size when placed. And stay that way until you need to place a behaviour instead of it. Then then it shrinks to its normal size.

Motion is Broken Still! - Seriously this needs to be looked into. Your whole physics systems works around movement!

Every time I open up a scene, there is 4/10 chance (I tested) that the scene will be blank, or the actors section will be blank, or the logic/image section will be blank.

When placing an actor, they don't snap to the beast x or Y value. Instead we are back to 0.004635 type values.

There are more, but that is I have actually wrote down.

Hope it helps.

edited February 2018

Also, Love that it remembers my position while scene editing actors. Saving a lot of time by not having to scroll each time to find which actor I was editing.
    Not sure how long it has been there, but much appreciated!

Also The scene zoom, is something I have been doing and only just noticed that also new. That is also very helpful. So now, I feel like I must have missed a few versions and am now going over the release notes so I can see all the new features!

Motion is still broken.

Best,

• ForumNinjaForumNinja Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 554

@Two.E I think you might be on the last update. Can you double check that you're running 1.25.88?

• dyoh777dyoh777 Member, PRO Posts: 27

I did see some strangeness in some actors where the behavior boxes had white empty rectangles on top of them. I was able to copy everything, remove it, paste the copy back in and it went away... but it was odd.

• dyoh777dyoh777 Member, PRO Posts: 27

oh yeah and THANK YOU for fixing the particle image issues, that was incredibly annoying since it happened to be what I was working with for days - and image problems too.

Sorry that is wrong information. I would edit, so others don't get confused with false information.

Somehow I have seemed to switched back to .85
    Some of those issues have carried over though.

Best,

• borabora Member, PRO Posts: 45

Thank you for the Update but...

1. GS Crashes crashes very often durin build - so i must Pray that the build finished
    2. If I select an actor, there is no selection box around that actor. No optical box to grab or rotate or scale the actor - that is terrible ;(

OS X 10.10.5

• 3absh3absh Member Posts: 601

@ForumNinja

Publish button opens an empty web tab

I can't publish my update..

Please fix this issue before my pro membership ends, or tell me a way around it

• Chris FitsimonsChris Fitsimons Member Posts: 134

I had lots of problems with chrome being my default browser. When I switched to safari a lot of problems went away.

• ForumNinjaForumNinja Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 554

@abuabed84 it looks like @adent42 responded to your other thread, did that help any?

• MelodyCatsMelodyCats Member, PRO Posts: 128

Seems that when a phone call comes in while playing the app the sound stops working in the app after the call - so you have to force quit and relaunch to regain sound. Not sure if this is already a known issue... or if there's a workaround.

What a mess this is becoming. So much so, that I can't see making it to the end of the month.

I have to switch between versions.

.88 fixes the scene. attributes bug which is a big bug since things get reset or do not stay affected.

BUT, I can't edit actors that have been placed on the scene. Since the properties are smaller than the image of the actor. I have an actor that is 100 x 100. Yet to move it, I have to click the button corner only since it will not recognise a click anywhere else. And when I finally find the touch point, the properties is shown at 20 x 20 as an example.

So then I switch back to .55
    This works fine providing I don't use scene or camera attributes.
    I can also zoom and edit scene actors perfectly fine.

That is for just editing an actor.

You don't have a build that allows me to edit sizing and positions of actors on a scene!
    Its becoming quite frustrating that I use the software for 5 mins and find so many bugs. Yet every new build adds more bugs then it fixes.

@Two.E said:
    Yet every new build adds more bugs than it fixes.

I don't even bother wasting my time messing with GS at this point.

I'm still waiting on the sidelines living under the delusion that a version will be delivered that works properly.

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

@Two.E said:
    What a mess this is becoming. So much so, that I can't see making it to the end of the month.

Honestly I have had few problems in the last few months with creator but I was doing some prototyping and found I could not drag an actor from the actor list into the scene? The most odd thing. I restarted creator and it only worked for awhile. Deleting images and replacing them may have something to do with it?

Gave up on it.

@adent42 Currently cannot publish. Definitely not just me, too.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034
    edited February 2018

@Armelline something hit our servers hard last night. They should be back up again but we're still looking into the root cause.

EDIT: NM, looks like it's back down. Should be up again shortly.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

Back up.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342
    edited February 2018

@adent42 did you remove the zoom function again? It was there in the last couple builds, but seems to be gone from v88.

ALSO -- anyone else seeing problems with ads with recently published apps? NO AdMob banners displaying. ChartBoost Rewarded videos not showing at all. ChartBoost Interstitials are OK, but everything else has gone!

@adent42 The zoom function depended a bit on changes that caused the broken-ness in the app, so we had to remove it along with the bugs.