Medical Flashcard App

Jeffm2Jeffm2 Member, PRO Posts: 142

All,
I am trying to develop a "flashcard" app for medical students and I am having trouble wrapping my head around the logic i guess and the best most efficient way to use tables for this.

The app would essentially allow the student to choose certain "decks" based on a subject IE Neuroanatomy, Neuropathology, etc. They would have the ability to go through the "decks" by category either displaying one random question at a time from lets say 20 questions in that category, one random question at a time from all questions in that category, or one random question at a time from the entirety of questions in the app.

They would also have the ability to "bookmark" questions and be able to go back to them as a separate "deck".

many tables? one table? I'm not very versed in the new table functions but i really believe that this can be done in Gamesalad. Any insight would be amazing.

Thanks so much!

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Use one table. Choosing a random question from multiple tables is going to be a headache. When choosing a random question from one "deck," you would limit the range based on the table format. So, for example, if "Deck 2" consisted of questions from rows 31-60, you would Change Attribute game.nextQuestionText to tableCellValue(tableName, random(31,60),1). To limit it to 20 questions, you might change the random range to something like (31,51). To select from all possible questions, you would use random(1,tableRowCount(tableName)).

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User