Mac Creator Release 1.25.88 is available (More Stable High Sierra Build)

2»

Comments

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@adent42 Thanks for the info. A shame -- it's a really helpful feature. Hope it will come back soon, stabilised.

Anything on the ChartBoost rewarded ad problem? It's quite a big issue -- affects GameSalad games old and new!

• supafly129supafly129 Member Posts: 454

@pHghost said:
    @adent42 Thanks for the info. A shame -- it's a really helpful feature. Hope it will come back soon, stabilised.

Anything on the ChartBoost rewarded ad problem? It's quite a big issue -- affects GameSalad games old and new!

Are you using TestFlight? Just checked and seems to work fine for me

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

We're quite a bit behind on the ChartBoost API, so I think we'll need to run an update. Because we had to do some back and forward tracking of code to get the bug fixes for the tool, I'll need to remerge my changes for ad network updates. If that goes quickly, I'll hopefully have a ChartBoost update soon after. My guess is the version of the ChartBoost SDK we're using is finally too old.

@adent42 said:
    My guess is the version of the ChartBoost SDK we're using is finally too old.

:(

Hope this can be sorted soon. I'm more worried about the impression this makes on users of the app rather than the revenue. If you promise rewards, but the users cannot do anything to get them, they are very unhappy.

• AdrenalineAdrenaline Member Posts: 523

I haven't worked on my game in quite some time simply due to what I've been reading here. What is going on? I used to read all of these complaints and responses closely, but I've resorted to skimming for the gist of things now because I can't remember the last time there was genuinely positive news here.

I see a few (FEW!) users who continue to check in with new bugs or shortcomings on a regular basis...and then a GS rep pops in on occasion—but without a solution or good news!

This place is disappointing and depressing.

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    edited February 2018

@Adrenaline Well at least now we have a better place to spend our reading time where there are no complaints, genuine help and guidance... and an occasional good laugh! :wink:

• indra.azizindra.aziz Member, PRO Posts: 100

I still develop apps with GS, and I still have high hopes for Gamesalad. optimistic

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034
    edited March 2018

re: ChartBoost I'm working on the update, but I think I might have found another potential cause.

It looks like iOS introduced a few extra plist keys you have to set to allow downloading of unsecured content.

Admob docs has us setting a few more plist entries and publishing now reflects that if you check "Allow App To Talk To Any Domain Insecurely".

I updated publishing to add the keys, so you would need to regenerate your app.

If someone could give it a shot and report back, I'd be greatful! In the mean time, back into the Chartboost upgrade code just to be sure!

We'll also have another "State of the Salad" soon! I need to make some screenshots for some stuff this weekend.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@adent42 said:
    We'll also have another "State of the Salad" soon!

@adent42 said:
    Admob docs has us setting a few more plist entries and publishing now reflects that if you check "Allow App To Talk To Any Domain Insecurely".

Does this mean we should check this option from now on if we are serving any ads?

edited March 2018

@pHghost reading about it more, I don't think it's going to help for ChartBoost (ChartBoost seems to be good about serving ads securely).

You always had to check it for AdMob and after I finish getting this updated out, I'm gonna make it so publishing enables the feature automatically when Admob is selected.

I was able to get the SDK updated tonight in my test and it seems to work. At the same time, we've been able to QA the "catch up" to the current code base and that looks good. With some luck we'll be able to get this Chartboost on iOS out on Tuesday or Wednesday.

(There's gonna be some extra testing as I just put in an update to Tapdaq and to purged all of the old GSNetwork and Playhaven code).

If all goes well, then next up will be similar updates to Android. Wheeee!

This is a longer term thing, but since Tapdaq does mediation and includes both Chartboost and Admob, I'm debating whether to just dump first party support for both and include only Tapdaq.

Including all of the Tapdaq adapters would also open up a wider range of ad networks... just thinking out loud here, but if anyone has thoughts, I'd love to hear them!

• supafly129supafly129 Member Posts: 454
    edited March 2018

@adent42 said:
    @pHghost reading about it more, I don't think it's going to help for ChartBoost (ChartBoost seems to be good about serving ads securely).

You always had to check it for AdMob and after I finish getting this updated out, I'm gonna make it so publishing enables the feature automatically when Admob is selected.

I was able to get the SDK updated tonight in my test and it seems to work. At the same time, we've been able to QA the "catch up" to the current code base and that looks good. With some luck we'll be able to get this Chartboost on iOS out on Tuesday or Wednesday.

(There's gonna be some extra testing as I just put in an update to Tapdaq and to purged all of the old GSNetwork and Playhaven code).

If all goes well, then next up will be similar updates to Android. Wheeee!

This is a longer term thing, but since Tapdaq does mediation and includes both Chartboost and Admob, I'm debating whether to just dump first party support for both and include only Tapdaq.

Including all of the Tapdaq adapters would also open up a wider range of ad networks... just thinking out loud here, but if anyone has thoughts, I'd love to hear them!

@adent42 I submitted my iOS app which was approved (“talk to domain insecurely” box checked) and chartboost seems to be serving interstitials and reward ads fine via TestFlight build for me. Should I be concerned and resubmit when the new GS update comes out?

• HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782

@adent42 said:
    ... and to purged all of the old GSNetwork and Playhaven code).

Please be careful with this not to break the networking functions! :)

@supafly129 as with most software, if it works, don't fix it! The update should be fine, but if ads are already working for you, I'd keep it as is until you need to update for something else.

@Hopscotch hehe. Just some old unused startup ad code :)

@adent42 interesting, I never had that checked and personally saw no problems with AdMob (apart from one instance that was my fault). Have I just been lucky, then?

A big YES to Tapdaq. I think it was one of the feature requests back in the day. Anything that will give you a single interface to ads with multiple ad providers is great!

• weblantisweblantis Member, PRO Posts: 114

Did you changed to another forum??? No news and no updates since 3rd of march??

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

@weblantis said:

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/96179/state-of-the-salad-03-2018

• gizzi93gizzi93 Member, PRO Posts: 67

I've been wanting ad mediation for a while now, so a big yes to Tapdaq for me as well.

• weblantisweblantis Member, PRO Posts: 114

@Armelline said:

@weblantis said:

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/96179/state-of-the-salad-03-2018

Many thanks - I missed the change so I thought there are no updates :-)

• barleyesqbarleyesq Member Posts: 72

+1 for Tapdaq, or any other Mediator for that matter. Would Fyber be an option?