score spawns actor, but how to make actor disappear after?

johnsheerin215johnsheerin215 Member, BASIC Posts: 20

I have it so a score of 2 spawns an actor (a congrats message that then instructs the player how to get to the next scene) but upon arriving in the next scene, the congrats message reappears because the score is still 2. Is there a way to have it so the actor appears only the first time the score reaches 2 and doesn't ever spawn again?

All help appreciated.

Best Answer

• johnsheerin215johnsheerin215 Posts: 20
    Accepted Answer

Solved! I failed to distinguish between a rule attached to a prototype and a rule attached to an actor integrated into a specific scene. I removed the rule from the prototype, double-clicked the scoreboard that was already placed into the single scene in which I needed the rule to work, and added that rule just to that instance of the actor.

Answers

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

Once Score = 2, use that as a flag to change another Attribute (like ShowBanner). Then you can make ShowBanner True to show the banner and False to hide it.

• johnsheerin215johnsheerin215 Member, BASIC Posts: 20

@jamie_c said:
    Once Score = 2, use that as a flag to change another Attribute (like ShowBanner). Then you can make ShowBanner True to show the banner and False to hide it.

jamie_c, sorry, but I'm very new to the program and am still confused. I know how to create a rule where a score of 2 spawns an actor (a textual message in this case), but am unsure how to integrate an attribute as you describe. I gather it would be a boolean attribute, but I'm stuck on the specifics...

Sincerely grateful for any additional help you or anyone else can offer.