Hitting some kind of vertical barrier

bkhoward2001bkhoward2001 Member, PRO Posts: 86

I extended the screen both horizontally and vertically, however, when the actor jumps he seems to hit a barrier which was the height of the original screen dimensions.... Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you.

Comments

• BunkerBunker Member, PRO Posts: 36

need more info on how you have everything set up - sounds like it could be a few things

did you change the "screen" size ?

• JapsterJapster Member Posts: 672
    edited March 2018

...also, have you possibly placed your 'barriers' / walls (if any) at the edges of the original size 'screen', BUT perhaps accidentally on a GUI / None-scrolling layer?

If so, they'll stay in the same place regardless, so when your scene scrolls, they won't? (meaning that your actor will stop at, yep, the height or width of the original viewable area... :wink: )

I suspect it might well be that...

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

To follow up on what @Japster suggested, check the Layers panel to see if there are any stray actors that you didn't intend to be there.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

@Japster said:
    ...also, have you possibly placed your 'barriers' / walls (if any) at the edges of the original size 'screen', BUT perhaps accidentally on a GUI / None-scrolling layer?

If so, they'll stay in the same place regardless, so when your scene scrolls, they won't? (meaning that your actor will stop at, yep, the height or width of the original viewable area... :wink: )

I suspect it might well be that...

That used to get me all the time! :)