How can I specify my Android game to only allow Landscape modes, and not Portrait modes?

HymloeHymloe Member Posts: 1,653

How can I specify my Android game to only allow Landscape modes, and not Portrait modes?

I already have some Android games that I've published that only allow Landscape.

But for some reason, this particular project (which I have set to iPad Landscape in the Project Info page) when run on Android, it allows rotating to Portraits views as well, which I don't want.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Comments

• HymloeHymloe Member Posts: 1,653

I have another project, set to iPad Landscape, which runs always at one fixed landscape orientation (it won't even flip to the other landscape orientation).

That is fine by me.

But I don't actually know what's different about that project, and the one that allows orientation on all 4 orientations.

It may be because the project I'm having trouble with was started years ago, and has some flag set somewhere in the project that isn't actually visible in the Game Salad interface, or something?

Any ideas?

Cheers.

• HymloeHymloe Member Posts: 1,653

Ahhhh! I think I've found it. There are checkboxes allowing different orientations within each SCENE, under the AUTOROTATE heading.

That should do it.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

Yes, that’s it.

Autorotate is controlled completely differently on iOS and Android, so it can be confusing.