New pixel shooter - please help with the game title

manoolgamesmanoolgames Member, PRO Posts: 40

Hi everyone,

I'm finishing up a pixel shooter game. The working title is "Low res shooter". That's because I'm using 8x8 as a basic tile (see screenshots)

What do you think of this name? Low res shooter. Is it ok? Or is it stupid?
I'd appreciate any opinion

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

It's not a good name for a game. Here are some suggestions:

Block Fighter
    Block Buster
    Blocky Attack
    Square Dash

Yeah... those are not any better. I don't know what I was thinking.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• JapsterJapster Member Posts: 672
    edited March 2018

8-Bit-Blow 'em away / Blastemup / etc
    8-Bit-Bert / Bob / etc? - What's the gist of the game, protagonist's name / background etc?

8-Bit Blam-A-Thon

Pixel Punx / Punks

Chunk Punks / Chunky Punks

Punks to Chunks

Pixel Pistol Packers

Resolution Revolution (aries?)

Low-res low-lifes / low-balls

Give me some background info, and I'll have a go at something... :smile:

• awesome_wellsawesome_wells Member, PRO Posts: 38

Super Blamio World

• manoolgamesmanoolgames Member, PRO Posts: 40

@Japster those are really cool names)
    I like Pixel punx, but there are two dudes playing video games who call themselves that way. Perhaps they don't mind if I use their name
    Some background. The game actually has a plot. The main protagonist's space ship is broken and he aims for the closes planet in a hope to find a new ship. The closest planet is Orpheus - once flourished planet that was destroyed during the great war and is now being restored by androids. When the player lands androids attack him for some reason so he needs to fight his way to the transport ship and find out why he is attacked (androids are not supposed to attack humans).

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

Block jocks
    Don’t block my way
    Humans block aliens.

Blockinator

• JapsterJapster Member Posts: 672

@manoolgames said:
    @Japster those are really cool names)
    I like Pixel punx, but there are two dudes playing video games who call themselves that way. Perhaps they don't mind if I use their name
    Some background. The game actually has a plot. The main protagonist's space ship is broken and he aims for the closes planet in a hope to find a new ship. The closest planet is Orpheus - once flourished planet that was destroyed during the great war and is now being restored by androids. When the player lands androids attack him for some reason so he needs to fight his way to the transport ship and find out why he is attacked (androids are not supposed to attack humans).

That's a shame! - that was my favourite one too.... :frowning:

hmmm.....

face.... nuts.... face.... nuts....

Super Crate In The Face! / Super Face Crate / Super Nut Crate

Crate To The Nuts (& Bolts)

Face / Nuts, Meet Crate. (I've had a beer, this tickles me for some reason... ) :lol:

• KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894
    edited March 2018

I like the suggestion from @tatiang: Block Buster. Although I'd remove the space so that it becomes Blockbuster, because then it kind of suggests it is a blockbuster (i.e. highly popular and successful). Throw in a movie cover, or poster style splash screen too with some fictional actor names for that extra blockbuster feel