Is it possible to make an animation slider in Gamesalad?

I tried to do the animation slider but I did not succeed to. I tried with tables also but also failed.

Best Answers

Answers

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

You could try using a 'frame sequencer'.

• brankorasovic10brankorasovic10 Member, PRO Posts: 17

No I just started to experiment about possibilities with Gamesalad, but i read and watched lot of discussions and tutorials but I did not found an solution.
    Where to find frame sequencer than I will try

Thank you Socks for your fast help effort!!!

also I am using windows and all examples from forum are on MAC so I can not use them to experiment, and my knowledge to do it by myself is not so big.

What is an 'animation slider' ?

Like this one for audio, just when you slide you can view frames fast forward or slow or frame by frame, backward etc.

I try but and my mind blows apart, and I did not move from dead spot.
    1. I do not know how to everything in a wright place,
    2. If done it and some detail is not adjusted in whole project I do not know how to find mistake and to make it work.

So I need help step by step or somebody to do it in my project.

link to download files
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hkxThtxty4j8E7MguqiWju04oG3agvDA/view?usp=sharing

Problem to solve I am working on Windows not on MAC

HOW TO MAKE ANIMATION SLIDER OR AN IMAGE SLIDER FROM TABLES ???

So when you moving your finger frames-images are changing fast forward, frame by frame, backward etc.

Here is YouTube link for "volume slider" that was base for my project:

Here are tree zip documents
    1. "video slider Win for Socks" Is for windows already have images with wolf and that is project that I am stacked, base for my project was YouTube "volume slider" video that had template for MAC that I can not use.
    2. "volume-slider MAC for Socks" Is for MAC and in that project need to import images Wolf running
    3. Images Wolf running (for MAC to import)

If somebody solve this problem, I will record solution of a problem and send that explainer video to the one that solve the problem so he can put it on his one YouTube channel (Explainer I know how to do, but animation slider in Gamesalad I do not know).

@brankorasovic10 said:
    2. "volume-slider MAC for Socks" Is for MAC and in that project . . .

Sorry, I don't own a copy of GameSalad, but these files should be useful for someone else who might be able to help you.

@Socks thank you for your effort for showing a way to solve this problem, but I am sorry that I am not on level to do it as rainwaterstudio is to understand you and to do it by myself,
    @rainwaterstudios
    thanks to your example I done with wolf by myself YEEEE, also I realized that it works not on name of images but on number of images from frame no. 1, 2, 3 etc, so when I want to use more animations for next one I change name of images for an increased number of 100 so they go 101,102,103, etc and than change on slider instance "round(self.position.x/8)+100" than it works. Is there some better solution for slider to recognize other animation images than this one that works for me?

Tomorrow I will do video explanation!!!

THANKS A LOT GUYS !!!
    YOU TWO MADE ME VERY HAPPY AND YOU TWO INFLUENCED ME TO CHOSE GAMESALAD FOR SOFTWARE TO USE FOR MY PROJECTS.

edited April 2018

//

You don't need to round the x.position value as you are storing it in an integer attribute which can only store whole numbers.

I just do it without round function just "self.position.x/25" and it won't work then. I probably do not understand you.
    Maybe @rainwaterstudios does understand what you wan to say.

• rainwaterstudiosrainwaterstudios Member Posts: 198

@brankorasovic10 said:
    I just do it without round function just "self.position.x/25" and it won't work then. I probably do not understand you.
    Maybe @rainwaterstudios does understand what you wan to say.

Since integers must be whole numbers (i.e. 1, 2, 3 etc.), the 'self.position.x/25' expression will be automatically rounded to the nearest whole number when using an integer attribute. If the animationFrame# attribute is set up as a 'real' attribute, you would need to use the round function, but it should work fine in an integer attribute without rounding.

edited April 2018

@brankorasovic10 said:
    I just do it without round function just "self.position.x/25" and it won't work then.

"it won't work" is not specific enough (when dealing with programming) for anyone to attempt an answer.

'it won't work' could mean many different things.

@rainwaterstudios said:
    Since integers must be whole numbers (i.e. 1, 2, 3 etc.), the 'self.position.x/25' expression will be automatically rounded to the nearest whole number when using an integer attribute.

Yep, agreed, if this value is being stored in an integer attribute there would be no need to round it as the process of writing it to the integer attribute will already be rounding it to a whole number.

edited April 2018

@Socks said:

@brankorasovic10 said:
    I just do it without round function just "self.position.x/25" and it won't work then.

"it won't work" is not specific enough (when dealing with programming) for anyone to attempt an answer.

With my knowledge I just erase round, when it works it is written "round(self.position.x/25)", and when I try I just erase round and leave "self.position.x/25" and than it did not work :blush:

• rainwaterstudiosrainwaterstudios Member Posts: 198

@brankorasovic10 said:

@Socks said:

@brankorasovic10 said:

With my knowledge I just erase round, when it works it is written "round(self.position.x/25)", and when I try I just erase round and leave "self.position.x/25" and than it did not work :blush:

Take a screenshot with the expression editor open?
    As far as I know there's no harm in having the round() function in there, but it is redundant unless you're using a 'real' attribute (instead of an integer).

@rainwaterstudios
    here is screenshot with and without round funkcion

And thank you again,
    now after few weeks I start to understand a little bit what you are talking about.