Blue Frame: A puzzle game. My first game using GS. Feedback appreciated.

Comments

• RowdyPantsRowdyPants Member Posts: 465

@drsuperfly Sorry this announcement slipped through the forum cracks. Good job on completing your first game! I tried it out in the arcade and played it on my Galaxy S4. Works great on both. I like puzzle games like this although this one seems extra hard because of only being able to click the blue squares. That should make it easier (less choice to worry about) but try as I might I haven't been able to complete it. I can however do the reverse and get the all the surrounding squares to red but then I lose :blush: I think I've achieved every color combination possible within these rules except blue on the outside red in the center.

Functionally the game is great. Each button correctly toggles its neighbors. Touches are recognized with ease. Sounds play as intended. The game logic is solid. Visually it's hard to read. The red and blue text on the black background strains the eyes. I might center the menu buttons as well.

Great job getting the game out there and hope to see more!

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited April 2018

Another suggestion would be to give visual instructions rather than (or in addition to) written. Something like this:

That way even kids can understand the instructions.

I did solve it once! :) Are all of the possible starting positions also confirmed solvable puzzles?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User