Can't press on top or bottom of screen.

MullogMullog Member, PRO Posts: 17

I don't really know how to explain this problem, but I hope I'm not the only one with this issue. I will make a try explain and hope someone has an answer.

Has Apple made some function changes with later iOS-versions?
Here's a screenshot from one of my game in workspace in Gamsalad.

In my earlier version of this app I could have the pause icon in the top right corner. But after the last update I did, 3 weeks ago, nothings happens when I press the pause button. It only reacts when I press at the bottom of the Icon (under the red line).
I did some experiment and find out that if i press outside of the inner screen nothing happens. It works if I press for maybe a second, but that take too long time and the player maybe not know that works.
If it's not longer possible to press on images at the edge of the screen you will lose a lot of space if you have to move everything more to the center of the screen.

I hope someone understand the problem and know if something is wrong or not.

Comments

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069
    edited April 2018

@Mullog

This seems like the known issue of edge detection failures that have been cropping up lately. I believe a fix is on the way or partially implemented for this.

More info can be found here:

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/96179/state-of-the-salad-03-2018/p2

@adent42 Might be able to explain more in depth on the status of this bug and what to do to avoid this.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,054

What you're seeing is the OS trying to detect edge gestures and not passing the touch through to us (at least on iOS).

Fix is out, use the Experimental Build feature to try it out.

Basically with the new OS, they decided that asking to hide the status bar didn't mean you necessarily wanted to delay OS edge gestures recognition (what it used to do). So we had to explicitly ask to delay OS edge gestures.

• MullogMullog Member, PRO Posts: 17

Thanks for the answers. So this will probably be fixed with the next gamesalad update, if I not use Experimental Build?