export compliance

MelodyCatsMelodyCats Member, PRO Posts: 128

Would someone in the know or from GS team be able to give a bit more clarity about the export compliance thing.
I'm about to submit new app for review but never sure what I'm suppose to check on whether app contains encryption features. Up to now I've always checked 'no' to does it contain encryption - because it seems encryption isnt a feature of the app - but I dont want to risk going against the terms...

for more info it states...

If your build is not using encryption, use the key string value in your Info.plist file so you don't have to provide export compliance information with your next build.

ITSAppUsesNonExemptEncryption

Comments

• Cutscene EntertainmentCutscene Entertainment Member, PRO Posts: 138

Usually this is not a problem. I was worried too when I came across that the first time, but the thing is, if your game was encrypted you would know. However, this is something that you should consult the iTunes connect people about (if that's the portal you're using).
    Best of luck.

• nobackswingnobackswing Member, PRO Posts: 9

Is there any way to get GS to handle the export compliance thing? It seems a needless extra step in the publishing progress for most GSers.

• MelodyCatsMelodyCats Member, PRO Posts: 128
    edited April 2018

it seems that the encryption used in the GS build would be exempt from compliance if the encryption used is either:

• Limited to intellectual property and copyright protection
    • Limited to authentication, digital signature, or the decryption of data or files

I'm under the impression that GS does fall into the first encryption exemption but they still need to update the info.plist to state that