Is there any way to search and replace all?

teklrncogteklrncog Member, PRO Posts: 5

Hi all,

This might be a weird and unrealistic question...

When I started building the current game, I used too many game attributes and they have become very annoying. I'm transferring them into tables one by one, line by line, actor by actor... I wonder if we have this function in GS that I can search the entire code and replace a certain attribute by a table cell everywhere?

Otherwise, is there an efficient way to do it manually?

Thank you.

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

No and no. I wish I had a better answer for you. Part of learning GameSalad is learning to set up rules, behaviors, expressions, and data structures (e.g. tables) more efficiently. It's a lesson I had to learn, too. Next time, you'll probably start with a table and avoid using so many attributes.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• teklrncogteklrncog Member, PRO Posts: 5

@tatiang said:
    No and no. I wish I had a better answer for you. Part of learning GameSalad is learning to set up rules, behaviors, expressions, and data structures (e.g. tables) more efficiently. It's a lesson I had to learn, too. Next time, you'll probably start with a table and avoid using so many attributes.

Thank you! Ya I guess this is quite an experience for me...