Email an unfinished game for review

johnsheerin215johnsheerin215 Member, BASIC Posts: 20

Is there a way to email an unfinished game file to someone in a form that will let the person review all the actors' behaviors, etc., and see exactly how I set everything up in order to troubleshoot?

Comments

• RowdyPantsRowdyPants Member Posts: 465
    edited April 2018

@johnsheerin215 You can just send them your project file. Prior to sending you can remove elements that don’t need review. If you’re at all worried about the project being copied or taken I would reccomend using another person.

If you’re wanting them to do adhoc (on device) testing, then also yes. You can use Apple TestFlight and add their email to your tester list. They’ll be able to install your app and test.

• johnsheerin215johnsheerin215 Member, BASIC Posts: 20

@RowdyPants said:
    @johnsheerin215 You can just send them your project file. Prior to sending you can remove elements that don’t need review. If you’re at all worried about the project being copied or taken I would reccomend using another person.

If you’re wanting them to do adhoc (on device) testing, then also yes. You can use Apple TestFlight and add their email to your tester list. They’ll be able to install your app and test.

Thanks! I zipped the file itself and sent it off. We'll see how that goes.

My professor eventually wants a finalized version of the game, one that wouldn't allow him to get under the hood and see the build, just as a typical end user wouldn't be allowed to see all that. I suppose my options would be to publish the file to the GameSalad site somehow, or to send him a version of the game that's packaged in such a way that it plays like a finished product?

Sorry, I'm not only new to GameSalad, but I'm also not tech-savvy in the least...

• RowdyPantsRowdyPants Member Posts: 465

@johnsheerin215 You can publish an HTML version and load that up into the GameSalad Arcade. Depending on your game it may not translate over correctly. HTML gets buggy and breaks with some game logic. If it works you can just point (send a link to) your teacher to the webpage of your game in the arcade.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited April 2018

Unless your teacher is planning to have other students play your game as part of the assessment, I wouldn't see why it needs to be an un-modifiable version. Your teacher can just preview it as a "finished" version. But teachers are strange sometimes... spoken by a teacher ;)

The only other option besides an HTML Arcade version is to publish it to TestFlight/iTunes Connect but that's quite a bit of work to set up.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• RThurmanRThurman Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 2,879

@tatiang said:
    But teachers are strange sometimes... spoken by a teacher ;)

HEY -- I resemble that!