Interpolate using Scene.Time

3absh3absh Member Posts: 601

I'm considering using an interpolate with time attribute
My question is will the time here be changing or is it "fixed" during the start of interpolate

for example if interpolate x.position to 5*Scene.Time knowing that the time at which this interpolate triggers is 5 Seconds,

Will the x.position go to 50? or will the X position keep changing while the time is changing?

Comments

• RThurmanRThurman Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 2,879

With a 5 second trigger, (5*Scene.Time) will put the actor at 25. The interpolate won't continue to increase.

However, it will be very difficult to get Scene.time to be exactly 5.00. There is a little processing time (behind the scenes) so it might come out to 5.0125 before the interpolate records the Scene.time

• rainwaterstudiosrainwaterstudios Member Posts: 198

@RThurman said:
    With a 5 second trigger, (5*Scene.Time) will put the actor at 25. The interpolate won't continue to increase.

However, it will be very difficult to get Scene.time to be exactly 5.00. There is a little processing time (behind the scenes) so it might come out to 5.0125 before the interpolate records the Scene.time

Couldn't you solve this conundrum by using a 'larger than or equal to' 5.00? That would accept 5.0125 as 5... or, implementing a 'round()' function so that 5.0125 would be exactly 5.00?

• 3absh3absh Member Posts: 601

@RThurman said:

I tested this out by experimentation
    Turns out interpolate will end at the last Scene.time not the time at which is starts

so for the example I gave (assuming interpolation time duration is 5 seconds)

the location will be the final scene.time not the initial one.

10*5=50
    x position will be 50 not 25

• RThurmanRThurman Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 2,879

I must be interpreting your question incorrectly. If scene.time is "5" and you want to interpolate self.position to "5*scene.time" that comes out to
    5*5=25.

I don't know what it means to say '"interpolate will end at the last Scene.time not at the time at which is starts".

Glad you got the answer you needed through experimentation. That is always best!