Polar Rollout is Here - Play it Now! (Free)

Hey GS fam! Polar Rollout is finally available on the App Store. Really appreciate everyone in this community that has helped me reach this point!

If you enjoy it, rating/sharing the game is much appreciated :)

FREE DOWNLOAD: https://itunes.apple.com/app/polar-rollout/id1331146034

Comments

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

Congratz on your release!

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• mikejamesfishermikejamesfisher Member, PRO Posts: 88

Well hot damn! That is one amazing game. I had to check your profile out to see if indeed it was made with gamesalad and it seems to be. Its a great testament to the power of gamesalad. Congrats! Now lets get you some downloads!

• supafly129supafly129 Member Posts: 454

@AlchimiaStudios @mikejamesfisher thank you both very much! yes it was indeed made with Gamesalad :) took quite some time to polish everything but I agree it is definitely a great tool with a whole lot of potential

• CasualEvolutionCasualEvolution Member, PRO Posts: 521

@supafly129 congrats! your game was featured :)

@CasualEvolution thanks so much! since I had it already downloaded i was unable to see it, but relieved it made the cut! :)

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

@CasualEvolution said:
    @supafly129 congrats! your game was featured :)

Nice! Saw it on the Toucharcade release round-up too.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• RowdyPantsRowdyPants Member Posts: 465

@supafly129 Excited for you! This game makes GameSalad look fantastic. So glad this work of artistry is out in the world delighting people of all ages. Big congrats on a very polished and fun game.

@RowdyPants Really appreciate it! Yes I definitely agree, I've always loved Gamesalad and how simple it is for creating games. I pray that other awesome games made with the tool will get the coverage they deserve so that aspiring game developers can become aware of the serious power of GS.

We'll see how things go, but for now I'm just relieved that after years of putting this on hold I can finally share it with everyone :)

Even the menu screens are just perfect. So much detail and code(with no glitching!) on the swiping thru the various worlds. Can i hire you(for little money(my wife would kill me)) to polish my game? Things like save states are less interesting to me than the creativity of design. You have the design and the math. So good!

• BlastShock StudiosBlastShock Studios Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2018

Wow. I've been following this engine on and off for alot of years, and I've seen alot of really good looking games come out of it...

This one, in my opinion, is definitely among the greats. Great job, and congrats on the release.

This game needs to be included in a showcase to demonstrate some of the power of gamesalad with a little ingenuity.

Any plans to release to android? Please say Yes? I'd love to play it :)

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692

Fantastic!!! Best of luck!!!

Hi @supafly129 now that the feature end :( I hope that until now it has been a success!

Please, if you can, it would be great if you share some information about how it has gone. I was struck by the amount of shopping options within the application that you provided to the player (iAPs). The users made use of these? I ask because in general the model is limited to having only one iAP to eliminate the ads. What you did is much more work and it was done impeccably, I wonder if you feel it had its return and it was worth it.

thank you

@CasualEvolution said:
    Hi @supafly129 now that the feature end :( I hope that until now it has been a success!

Please, if you can, it would be great if you share some information about how it has gone. I was struck by the amount of shopping options within the application that you provided to the player (iAPs). The users made use of these? I ask because in general the model is limited to having only one iAP to eliminate the ads. What you did is much more work and it was done impeccably, I wonder if you feel it had its return and it was worth it.

thank you

@CasualEvolution No problem! Feedback has been very positive ever since launch. After the feature was over, however, downloads of course dropped significantly which was expected (peaked at ~12K downloads per day).

The standalone "remove ads" IAP actually didn't generate many sales at all...likely because in the game, purchasing any item will remove ads. The unlimited lives + remove ads combo was one of the best IAP in terms of sales (not surprising considering that is essentially a full game purchase), as were the wings and top tier crystal pack. Another thing to my surprise is that the reward ads consistently do incredibly well in terms of eCPM/payout.

Financially speaking with the amount of time it took to create as one person, the numbers don't say it was worth it (yet), but it has still been a rewarding/enlightening experience and moving forward I'll more than likely be creating minimalist-style games that don't require nearly as much time since this is a hobby for me.

Unfortunately that's just what the current market demands, and unless you go viral or collab with a successful publisher, you'll more than likely have to be aggressive with paid user acquisition/update the app frequently with new content. To recap, I'd say reward ads are huge as are premium "nice-to-haves" that make the experience that much more fun :)

Hi @supafly129 thanks for details about your experience.
    You don´t evaluate go with publisher?
    I was watching that in the week that your game was featured, there were 21 games, only 4 of them were premium. Sincerely no longer sure if Ads are still a better option... in touch arcade again and again I read users ask for paid games and no more publicity, "as it was before"

@CasualEvolution said:
    Hi @supafly129 thanks for details about your experience.
    You don´t evaluate go with publisher?
    I was watching that in the week that your game was featured, there were 21 games, only 4 of them were premium. Sincerely no longer sure if Ads are still a better option... in touch arcade again and again I read users ask for paid games and no more publicity, "as it was before"

I did evaluate it, but based on the publishers that top the charts I didn't think my game fit very well with their roster of games. Touch Arcade definitely has an audience that prefers premium games, but in the grand scheme of things it requires much more effort to create a premium game that sticks. I think for that reason, most developers are just pumping out quick play ad-based games

• ZwireZwire Member, PRO Posts: 179

@supafly129 - congrats with your game!

I am very curious about how you managed your game to be featured?

@Zwire said:

I submitted my game through this link http://developer.apple.com/contact/app-store/promote

• ZwireZwire Member, PRO Posts: 179

@supafly129 said:

@Zwire said:

I submitted my game through this link http://developer.apple.com/contact/app-store/promote

Thanks!

• wolala123wolala123 Member Posts: 248
    edited May 2018

@supafly129 Hi, if the game get featured what requirements that they need ? i mean when the game approve for feature, what else they need. Thanks.

How did May 2018 treat this game? Any success? I know i have a had little. Stuck on last level of first stage.