Apple Rejected Binary - Using "prefs:root="

Hi everyone,

I do hope someone can help as this is the only hold up to publishing. My build was rejected by Apple with the following message:
Your app uses the "prefs:root=" non-public URL scheme, which is a private entity. The use of non-public APIs is not permitted on the App Store because it can lead to a poor user experience should these APIs change.

Continuing to use or conceal non-public APIs in future submissions of this app may result in the termination of your Apple Developer account, as well as removal of all associated apps from the App Store.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please revise your app to provide the associated functionality using public APIs or remove the functionality using the "prefs:root" or "App-Prefs:root" URL scheme.

If there are no alternatives for providing the functionality your app requires, you can file an enhancement request.

I'm really unsure as to what to do next. Happy to provide more information if needed.

Comments

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

That's on our side with the Twitter functionality (it's compiled in even if you don't use it).
    I'll look into a replacement.

• aurynstaraurynstar Member Posts: 41

@adent42 said:
    That's on our side with the Twitter functionality (it's compiled in even if you don't use it).
    I'll look into a replacement.

Thank you @adent42 . Is there a time frame for this or a workaround that I can do at my end as this is a publishing blocker?

• clarkcreativeclarkcreative Member, PRO Posts: 4

I have the same issue. Following.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

No timeframe yet, mostly because I'm researching how to replace it. The quick fix would be to just remove the code and have the twitter behavior pop up a browser, but I'd rather not do that if we can get a real fix soon.

Okay... fix should be relatively quick... hopefully I'll have something tomorrow. The place we're using isn't core to tweet sheet functionality (basically it's a button to change twitter settings before post), so I'm just removing the button since it's not available in iOS 11. Testing will take a bit longer, but we should hopefully be done by tomorrow.

@adent42 said:
    Okay... fix should be relatively quick... hopefully I'll have something tomorrow. The place we're using isn't core to tweet sheet functionality (basically it's a button to change twitter settings before post), so I'm just removing the button since it's not available in iOS 11. Testing will take a bit longer, but we should hopefully be done by tomorrow.

That's great!!! Thanks @adent42 . Can't wait to hear from you tomorrow!

Hi @adent42 . Is there an update on this issue? Thanks.

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    edited April 2018

@aurynstar said:
    Hi @adent42 . Is there an update on this issue? Thanks.

It is now 7.30 pm Sunday evening in Texas, so I wouldn't expect a reply until tomorrow.

@PhilipCC said:

It is now 7.30 pm Sunday evening in Texas, so I wouldn't expect a reply until tomorrow.

Haha. Yeah, was hoping for one tonight. Just thought I'd get that ping out there.

Hi @adent42 . Is this ready to generate another app to submit to Apple?

@adent42 said:

It's been about a week now. I can't put my app on the App Store. Even if it's a more involved issue an update would be great.

Looking for an update please, @adent42

Rolling on over 2 weeks now....

@aurynstar sorry for the delay, we had some trouble testing what should have been a minor Admob update that happened at the same time as this change. You should be good to go, just hit "Generate" again.

• almacyetialmacyeti Member, PRO Posts: 6

Have you not fixed the problem? I use GS 1.25.95 and got the answer from Apple today on December 12th:

prefs:root=twitter

Continuing to use or conceal non-public APIs in future submissions of this app may result in the termination of your Apple Developer account, as well as removal of all associated apps from the App Store.

• djaindjain Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2020

Hi everyone,

I do hope someone can help as this is the only hold up to publishing. My build was rejected by Apple with the following message:

From Apple

• 2. 5 Performance: Software Requirements

Guideline 2.5.1 - Performance - Software Requirements

Your app uses the "prefs:root=" non-public URL scheme, which is a private entity. The use of non-public APIs is not permitted on the App Store because it can lead to a poor user experience should these APIs change.

Specifically, your app uses the following non-public URL scheme:

- CameraUI.framework

Did you publish with Build RC?