Move to behavior not persistent

Twayne2Twayne2 Member Posts: 458
edited May 2018 in Working with GS (PC)

To me persistent means something will keep trying no matter what. So when an actor with ''move to'' such and such a position is stopped because it also has a collide behavior and it collided with another actor that is in its way, and it just floats away rotating wildly, something seems wrong with that connotation. :smile:
An example:
Actor 1:
move to 700,700.
Collide with actor 2.
Actor 2 is in the way. Actor 1 hits actor 2 and both go flying. Would not actor 1 keep trying to get to 700,700? Assume actor 2 was immovable. Then actor 1 should continually keep pressing against actor 2. Seems like an action attribute...? :smile:
P.S. I guess physics can stop persistent attributes?

Comments

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

@Twayne2

Physics seems to override it, and a lot of other things too. Bounciness is the cause most likely. If you turn it off ( to 0) on the actors, it will just keep trying to go to that spot properly.

A workaround with physics still enabled would be a rule:

When all of the following are happening:
    Actor overlaps or collides with Actor2

Do: 
    (leave this blank)

Else:
    Move to 700,700

That way when it isn't colliding it will retrigger the move to behaviour.

There might be other solutions too, but I didn't dig too deep.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• Twayne2Twayne2 Member Posts: 458
    edited June 2018

@AlchimiaStudios Thanks, I think that will work! One like coming up! :)
    Also, what on earth is with the guy that posted above me? That had nothing to do with this topic...? :open_mouth: :smile:
    This topic can be closed now. :smile:

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

@Twayne2 said:

Also, what on earth is with the guy that posted above me? That had nothing to do with this topic...? :open_mouth: :smile:

Sadly just another case of more spam... :(

• Twayne2Twayne2 Member Posts: 458
    edited June 2018

Well at least it helps keep the forums a little more active: a common person to fight against. Lol. :wink: :smile: