Android music volume seems to set itself to Full Volume if I minimise the game, then switch back.

HymloeHymloe Member Posts: 1,653
edited June 2018 in Working with GS (Mac)

I've been having a problem (from as far back as I can remember) on Android:

If I...

• Make a build of my game (published and signed via Game Salad website), and load it onto my device.
  • Run the game, and at startup, the game sets the music volume to 0.2, and the sfx volume to 0.7.
  • Everything sounds fine for as long as I play the game like this.
  • Then I press the Android home button to minimise the game.
  • Then I use the Android application switching system to go back to my game, to make it the active application again.
  • Now the music plays really loud, as if it is turned up full. (This is bad).
  • Using "Display Text", I show the game.Audio.MusicVolume and game.Audio.SoundVolume, and the text readout says they are correct (0.2 and 0.7 respectively), but despite this, the music is actually playing super loud, and doesn't seem to be set correctly.

How do I get it to respect the actual Music Volume when minimising and maximising back to my Game Salad game on Android?

I've tried making a Constrain rule for game.Audio.MusicVolume to make it stick to my MusicVol attribute, but as I said above, despite the VA:UE actually displaying as being correct (in my "Display Text" behaviour) the Music is actually playing super loud as if it's ignoring that value entirely.

I assume this is a Game Salad bug.

• Anyone experienced the same thing?
  • Anyone know a workaround?

@adent42

Comments

• Twayne2Twayne2 Member Posts: 458

Perhaps the actual Android phone has media or ringtone too loud?

• HymloeHymloe Member Posts: 1,653

Whatever the volume of the device is, I would assume the intended behaviour of a Game Salad app would be:

If the app's internal volume for music is set to 0.2, and then you load the game up, the music plays at the desired volume (that we could refer to here as "moderate volume), and the user then minimises that app, checks their email, then returns to the game again, that - seeing as the music volume in the game is still 0.2, that the music would play at exactly the same "moderate volume" that it was playing at before minimising the app.

Right?

It is obviously not the intended, expected, or desired behaviour that you would check your email, then come back to the app, and the music is suddenly blasting out at a different volume to what it was playing at before.

Right?