New Actors do not appear on scenes that have been copied

abzibkoffabzibkoff Member, PRO Posts: 27

I'm working on a game with several levels. Each level being one scene. To make the second level I copied the first (level) scene over and hoped to just change it by added new antagonizing actors but to my surprise when I previewed this second level no new actors appear. Is this a PC bug?

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

If you copy a scene, the copied scene should be exactly the same as the original scene. So if you have actors placed on the original scene, they should be placed on the copy. If you have a spawner actor on the original scene, it should also spawn on the copied scene.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• abzibkoffabzibkoff Member, PRO Posts: 27

Yes, your right. The scene is copied exactly but when I try to put new actors on this copied scene they do not appear in the preview. Any ideas?

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

Are there multiple layers in your scene? If there are, make sure the actors you are adding are not being added to a layer that is covered by something else in the scene.

Oh, I see. So you're copying the scene, adding new actors to it, and then previewing but the newly added actors don't appear. That's strange.

Can you .zip the project file and attach it?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• mikejamesfishermikejamesfisher Member, PRO Posts: 88

When you are pushing play button, are you jn an actor? If so, the first scene of game will play. You need to be viewing the secong overall scene and push play.

@mikejamesfisher said:
    When you are pushing play button, are you jn an actor? If so, the first scene of game will play. You need to be viewing the secong overall scene and push play.

Good point. Make sure you distinguish the scenes from each other by changing the scene color or background or adding actor(s) that make it clear which one you're previewing.