Google Play, The Only Way ?

Hi, I'm new,
I've heard that for Android titles, Only Google is secure enough for people to download from.
And, they provide the the best revenue for indie developers. Everyone, only uses Google Play I think, I don't know really.
I heard that the average base earning is $0 - $1 per day per Android title on Google Play. Wow!

QUESTION:
But, If for some reason I decided to put my game on my website for download by my club members, excluding
it from Google Play
, For whatever reason I choose, Can I ? Or does Google have some law/ or other rights that allow them to restrict Android Games from being distributed on other sites. From the sheer volume and the apparent breakdown of Indie development as in (Indie=Individual) Android market, you would think they do.

Everyone programs for fun now I think ?

Thanks,

Comments

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,059

Since you can install from the Amazon app store too, I don't think there's a problem with hosting it on your site. It's just about discovery. Stuff is on the Google store because that's where everyone looks for it.