help with image randomizer?

LokitoesLokitoes Member, PRO Posts: 187

Hi all,

It's been a while since the last time I properly used GS and I'm afraid I have forgotten a lot of simple things :open_mouth: , and I've also never properly learnt how to use tables so I always struggle with them.

I want to create a simple image randomiser that displays one random image, from a bank of around 10 images, on a button press (it then remains on the screen until the button is pressed again, so it is either using a change attribute function or a change image function... not sure). I can then repeat this process so that I can have 5 random images coming up on the screen from their own set of 10, making an overall bank of 50 images that don't repeat on the screen at the same time. If that makes sense.

Any suggestions? :(

I did download this older template: http://gshelper.com/product/random-button-order-gamesalad-video-tutorial/ which I thought would be great until I realised that to change this from a bank of 6 images to 5 banks of 10 seemed to mean creating a lot of big tables and separating the actors (this template just draws from the one actor and uses some kind of attribute and table to change it), so I was wondering if there is another way?

cheers!

Comments

• LokitoesLokitoes Member, PRO Posts: 187
    edited June 2018

Hey all, sorry, never mind I think I've worked out a way that is easier for me but probably not faster. :s :D