Anyone else have a problem trying to get an app LIVE on RevMob?

JapsterJapster Member Posts: 672

I'm REALLY annoyed with them right now - set my app to LIVE almost 2 weeks ago, STILL showing as 'PENDING' - emailed them (him?), and absolutely NO response, other than an automated initial email.

Now I see that the forums are also unavailable, they were hacked (and don't seem to have recovered), they increased their advertising deposit to $500?!? - not relevant to me, but still, people are reluctant to use them because of that, and this forum thread sounds ominous in terms of ads ever appearing for me with them....

https://www.buildbox.com/forum/index.php?threads/revmob-hacked.8193/

So, my questions are:-

1) Has ANYONE managed to set their app to LIVE on RevMob in recent times (i.e ignoring older apps that might already have been Live say, last year etc)?

2) If I dump these useless ****s, what other banner options are available to me please guys?

ie. Do AdMob supply banner ads themselves, or only mediate banner ads from publishers you set up that supply those as an option? (and does that potentially widen my choice of advertisers I can go with (compared with just those natively supported by GS), indirectly maybe, without direct integration with GS? - I'm guessing not, as it normally requires unique identifiers inserting into GS publishing options :frowning: )

Any help greatly appreciated guys - can't believe this crap from RevMob - it's my primary source of revenue in my advertising model, and currently NO ads are showing from these useless ****s because my app is stuck in Pending, and they're uncontactable/none-responsive...

Comments

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

Yah, there's a bug in revmob, we'll be pushing a fix as an RC build shortly.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

@Japster sorry, I was thinking of another thread. Not sure what's up with revmob. On Monday, I'll see if our contacts there are still around and try to find out what's up.

• JapsterJapster Member Posts: 672

@adent42 said:
    @Japster sorry, I was thinking of another thread. Not sure what's up with revmob. On Monday, I'll see if our contacts there are still around and try to find out what's up.

Thanks @adent42 - above and beyond mate, really appreciated! - any help would be MASSIVELY appreciated, as I've hit a brick wall with them - no response to anything.... :angry:

• QwazzMeQwazzMe Member, PRO Posts: 39

Did you get any answer? I'm also waiting for ages. I've written to them with no answers. Do anyone here succeeded in having their service in the apps?

I'm looking through my emails and it looks like we haven't talked to anyone at revmob in years. I'll try to reach out on linked in or something, but with a combination of a lack of GDPR updates I'm thinking a lot of stuff is running on autopilot.

Okay... I had to search through some of our alternate email boxes and it looks like Revmob is shutting down due to GDPR.

They've asked us to remove Revmob support.

Sooo... that answers your question. I've asked them to reach out to us if something comes up in the future, but I'd suggest turning off revmob.

I'll probably put up a publishing announcement soon and begin removing support next week.

@adent42 said:
    Okay... I had to search through some of our alternate email boxes and it looks like Revmob is shutting down due to GDPR.

They've asked us to remove Revmob support.

Sooo... that answers your question. I've asked them to reach out to us if something comes up in the future, but I'd suggest turning off revmob.

I'll probably put up a publishing announcement soon and begin removing support next week.

Thanks @adent42 - appreciate you checking, they're not daft though - they're still serving test ads for Soda Crush... :wink: - my concern now is what other recognised/available banner options (if any!) do I have please? - ie. does Admob server banners of their own, or only mediated ones from added providers?....

Cheers....

• QwazzMeQwazzMe Member, PRO Posts: 39

Oh, it sucks... Thanks for going after it though. I really appreciate your effort!

Admob definitely servers their own as well as mediated.

edited June 2018

@adent42 said:
    Admob definitely servers their own as well as mediated.

This is great! - I built an Android build last night using Admob, Chartboost, and Tapdaq, and it's running GREAT in terms of ads - (actually, so is iOS now!) - thanks @adent42 ! I'd ideally like to move to Admob for both though, so I'm assuming that we might see more ID fields in the publishing portal, to cover both Abmob banners and interstitials, once the back-end work goes into the engine? :wink:

The only issue I have is possibly related to other users' missing assets... ...but I added a menu option recently, to turn off/on some cartoon fx in my game for performance reasons, and it's fine in previewer, fine on iOS, and completely invisible on Android.... - I've tried various fixes/layer checks, etc, no joy.

I've yet to find time to investigate it further, but it struck me as worrying / strange - it's basically an invisible actor (well, alpha turned to 0, but visible), which displays text. That's it. Like all of the other menu options already on that screen. But on Android, I get nothing. It still clicks if I press it, and seems to work, but I'm now wondering if it's related.... @adent42 - If I pinged you my project across, are you able to build for Android and investigate? - actually, it seems to do it on 3 different Android devices so far, so I was assuming it might be on a different layer, but after investigating, no, it's fine, and on the same layer as the other selectable options...

In addition to that, the shifted camera image seems to have come back with a vengeance - seems fine on iOS, but the same build when published to Android, shunts the screen across as it always did... might be timings, so I'll experiment, but it's always worked as a fix on both iOS and Android until recently?...

Cheers...

• Twayne2Twayne2 Member Posts: 458

Any news on needing some android testing Japster?

Ahh... yes! - @Twayne2 - If you drop me your Google Play email address, I'll add you to the closed testing group mate! - Sorry, only set it up the night before last... :smile:

BTW - @adent42 - I think I was a bit premature - Tapdaq might not be serving ads after all - getting complete failures on some bootups... Gonna stick with Admob for Banners, CB for Rewarded videos, until I go full Admob (I know, you should never go full Admob...) :wink:

Awaiting the good news! :smiley: